Ireland vs England (ODI)

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mhmm, was expecting a better contribution from Taylor, really. Is he in the squad against England?

Assume you mean "against India".

Not sure any of the lions did enough to supplant the Test returners and I fully expect to see them left out and the likes of Cook, Swann, Anderson et al to return - I hope not. Sadly I think England will continue to do the same things and not overhaul the ODI set up, something that World Cup results post 1992 should eventually have sunk home and told them were not good enough and enough is enough. We reached the QF by dint of little chance of failing to get there in 1996, flop at the groups in 1999 and 2003, 'super 8' in 2007 because it was hard not to get there and QF in 2011 in which we were mullered (I think the stages are right, there was nothing much resembling success anyway)

Good to see Trott at the top of the order doing well as usual, something I advocate if he is to play ODIs.

Could have been more convincing, shame DL took over. The Irish didn't really have much time to settle

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
They can be assets if the bowler uses them like a proper cricketer. I've seen the slow bouncer work in a Test match. However, "mixing it up" just isn't clever bowling. It might seem like the ultimate unpredictable plan, but there's nothing worse than a batsman who knows you don't know how to get him out.

Yep, that's what I meant, he over uses the slower ball to the point that it is no longer a surprise.

ferg512

International Coach
Yep, that's what I meant, he over uses the slower ball to the point that it is no longer a surprise.

Exactly and its hardly a special plan he has for a certain batsman, he just does it all the time. I can recall many overs in the Sri Lanka series where he would bowl 4 in one over which is just ridiculous.

----------

They can be assets if the bowler uses them like a proper cricketer. I've seen the slow bouncer work in a Test match. However, "mixing it up" just isn't clever bowling. It might seem like the ultimate unpredictable plan, but there's nothing worse than a batsman who knows you don't know how to get him out.

Thats what it seems to me when Dernbach bowls especially to like Sangakkara and Jayawardene in the last series, its like he has no idea so just bowls slower balls.

Owzat

International Coach
No shock, England recall most of the "big guns", or more pertinently, "Test popguns"

Users who are viewing this thread