kamy100

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

kamy100

Associate Captain
I suppose it is possible but I have rarely if ever seen it happen, yet if you look at the screenshots that EA have released it is happening in everyone that the ball hits the wicket:

http://www.eaplay.com/australia/games/pc/cricket/cricket2005/screenshots/

It won't spoil the enjoyment of the game in anyway but I just hope that this is not an indication of the level of bugs there will be in the final version.

akira2291

Club Cricketer
kamy100 said:
I have been looking at the screenshots released by EA. Have noticed that on virtually all the screenshots when someone is bowled the stump is falling forwards, now that defies the laws of physics as surely they should be falling backwards, below are some screenshots to illustrate the point that I am making:

http://www.planetcricket.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=8

http://www.planetcricket.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=20

its really possible. it looks at first sight so, but its really possible.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
kamy100 said:
It won't spoil the enjoyment of the game in anyway but I just hope that this is not an indication of the level of bugs there will be in the final version.

Previous releases do indicate that the level of bugs do tend to veer on the high side

crick4life

International Cricketer
The wickets normally either falls not having withstood the force or will be pushed backwards. On rare occassions if the wickets are knocked in the ground a bit too hard, chance are they go back and then get pushed forward. In my experience to bowl someone like that consistently with stumps being moved forward and backward is only possible with Indoor cricket wickets. You got an excellent eye kamy to have noticed that one.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well spotted. It is possible however to bowl somebody and the stumps are moved forwards. I agree that this will not affect the enjoyment of the game at all, as long as this is the only thing which can be questioned.

I have been to a website called Video Ezy and it tells me that the different formats of Cricket 2005 will release on different dates. Playstation 2 version on 28th June, Xbox version on 28th June and PC on 30th June. It seems a very strange way of releasing a game, and I have read the release date as 1st July. I took a Print Screen of this website and I have attached it. Tell me what you think!

crick4life

International Cricketer
Good lord this is nice indeed first we can hire the game and try it out before buying. Video Ezy is a video hire store and in NZ at least they don't sell games but they hire them. I paid a visit to Gamesman this morning and the sales person there reckons the dates are tentative considering it is an EA product.

Surprisingly enough they have no clue about BLIC whatsoever. I guess BLIC is not going to be released in this part of the world by June/July.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
crick4life said:
Good lord this is nice indeed first we can hire the game and try it out before buying. Video Ezy is a video hire store and in NZ at least they don't sell games but they hire them. I paid a visit to Gamesman this morning and the sales person there reckons the dates are tentative considering it is an EA product.

Surprisingly enough they have no clue about BLIC whatsoever. I guess BLIC is not going to be released in this part of the world by June/July.

Good one. I am going to get it from United Video. They give out PC versions to hire. I even got cricket 2004 from them before I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread