harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
May be after his series of indifferent games and culminating in a spectacular failure in the final of the World T20 may end Yuvraj's international limited overs career?

What do you think? Does he still have it in him to make a turnaround or is it time to look beyond?

I personally feel that since his comeback in international cricket, he has been picked on past reputation more than current form or performance. He has been a pale shadow of his former self (before his life-changing disease and subsequent recovery) and I think age also has caught up with him. His fielding has really become quite ordinary these days as well, as he has committed a lot of fielding blunders of late.

All said and done,do you feel this World T20 final may be Yuvraj's last international T20? Or should it be his last international T20?

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Yes it is over. For good.
Remember:

You either quit as a hero, or play long enough to be a villain.

Srivathsan

School Cricketer
I wont blame him since he is recovering from Cancer, however he should have retired himself on a high note after WC 2011

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
On a lighter note: Maybe it's Yuvraj's revenge for not considering him good enough for Test cricket throughout his career. :p :lol

coolash1

Associate Cricketer
I Think The Reason is India Give the chance to yuvi in test or ODI which develop his confidence T20 is shorter format you didn't have much time to get set on crease so selectors should give chance in OD And Test if he doesn't perform well so his career will finish

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No more chances. He was drafted into the last WT20 as well. Its simply on the basis of a sympathy vote. If Yuvraj has to be in the team, he needs to deliver-not just with the bat, but also with the ball, something that we didn't see at all during the World Cup.

I am not basing this on his performance yesterday. However, since his comeback, he has delivered only two good innings till date, both against Australia. Other than that, he has been quite erratic and inconsistent, which are not good signs.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
IPL will be the decider of his career in my opinion.

True that. If he has a good IPL, he could be given some more chances (though IPL ideally should not be the decider). And I have a feeling he is going to play ferociously in the IPL to prove a point (not sure whether it works or not though).

To me, he looks dull, lost and completely disconnected. That Yuvraj, who was a massive ball of energy that used to jump around and hug his mates passionately, show fire in his reactions, etc is gone. Ever since he came back from his cancer, he has looked a massively pale shadow.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
He should go old school and do more drills more often for batting. Has anyone noticed he hardly bowls now?:spy

nightprowler10

Executive member
Because he was available for selection. :rolleyes

So we should just get rid of selectors right? I mean if we're going to expect players to make themselves unavailable for selection when they're in poor form, why do we need supposedly knowledgeable people who are paid to watch cricket and make selection decisions at all?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
So we should just get rid of selectors right? I mean if we're going to expect players to make themselves unavailable for selection when they're in poor form, why do we need supposedly knowledgeable people who are paid to watch cricket and make selection decisions at all?

Thing is, the way he was struggling suggested to me that he was not a 100% fit. I am sure that though he may be 100% cured of cancer, his body seems to be weaker and not ready for the heavy-duty grind of international cricket. His fielding is sluggish and lacking energy, and even his batting lacked his famous power. Some of his mishits go for six when he is at his best, and now he seems to be lacking a bit of that old power also.

Only he could have truly known about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread