IPL Kings XI Punjab

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yuvi is seriously injured and I doubt he will be fit for our first few matches. Considering we play tough opening games it is bit of blow.

He was playing with just one hand in a benefit match in SUrat. Good thing was that he still sent balls to 80 m with one hand. :D

hacker

Club Cricketer
Mahela in cracking T20 form he's being opening in domestic T20 and doing really well. In finals he scored 91 of 49 balls

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
C'mon Yuvi. For heavens' sake, c'mon. Kings XI Punjab needs you to fire.

hacker

Club Cricketer
opening slot seems to be good for mahela. i think in the ODI's mahela scored 3 tons of 3 matches as a opener.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
we have Belowpara, Katch or James Hopes opening with local guy :facepalm

Probable XI for first game

Ravi Bopara/Katich :(
Wilkin Mota :facepalm
Sangakkara :banana2
Mahela Jayawardena :)
Kaif :(
Sunny Sohal :facepalm
Irfan Pathan :banana2
Bret Lee :banana2
Piyush Chawla :)
Romesh Powar :(
Sreesanth :facepalm

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Open with Hopes and Katich/Marsh/Belowpara.

Lee, Sanga and Mahela are confirmed 3 internationals. So only 1 place left.

I prefer Hopes over everyone else available. Marsh is injured always and Pomersbach is not here.

stefan

International Coach
Seems kings 11 is looking to sing rusty theron. Could be a very signing imho, has been superb for the warriors in the death overs both pro 20 and pro 40. One of the main reason they won the pro 40 and are in the pr0 20 final on friday. Only question is how he will bowl on indian tracks.

Kings XI Punjab eye Theron services
Wednesday 10-March-2010 14:19
Theron - in talks with the Mohali-bred outfit.
Theron - in talks with the Mohali-bred outfit.

South African fast bowler Rusty Theron could be on his way to the Indian Premier League after revealing he has been contacted by Kings XI Punjab.

The 24-year-old has been in outstanding form for his domestic franchise, the Warriors, this season and was rewarded for his success by being handed a national contract for 2010.

Theron was the leading wicket-taker in the 40-over competition where his 21 wickets helped take his side to glory, whilst he is also amongst the top bowlers in the first-class and Twenty20 tournaments.

"All I can say is that I was contacted by someone from the Kings XI franchise and that they are interested in signing me up," he told The Herald.

"There are still some processes that have to followed and cleared before I will be able to say any more."

Punjab currently have injury concerns over some of their international bowlers.

Their attack includes pacemen Jerome Taylor from the West Indies, Australia's Brett Lee and another South African, Yusuf Abdullah, all of whom are still recovering from injuries.

Any move for Theron, though, will have to wait until after Friday when he will represent the Warriors against the Lions in the Twenty20 final in Port Elizabeth.

The Vereeniging-born cricketer will also be hopeful of making his international debut at some point this year after he was named in the preliminary 30-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20.

Kings XI Punjab eye Theron services | Cricket365 | Cricket News

Params7

International Cricketer
What is Ramesh Pawar doing in the team? What is he supposed to be good at? Batting, bowling, fielding?

That 16 off his over pretty much finished the match for K11. In the last over had he not fumbled he could have prevented that single and taken a run out.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
At least our bowling is not as bad as batting.

Users who are viewing this thread