Kookaburra

Which are the best Kookaburra Bat Models?

• Total voters

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
Time for me to have my say again. Firstly you ask if people that have used a Kahuna prefer the Beast? YES!! YES!! YES!! It has quite alot more power, and compared to my old Kahuna which was a limited edition blade with top quality wood, it seems that even the wood is of a higher quality. It has increased power, not just in the sweetspot but generally everywhere over the bat :). Edges are huge and very forgiving, most edges generally 'ping' off of the bat and go for four.

Link to a pic: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=203899&postcount=9

Second question which was directed to Monty, on which version of the bat he has.
I'll answer aswell here. I have the top of the range graphite re-inforced version ;)

Monty

Club Cricketer
i have a savage beast which i know is kashie but is better than my mates grade 1 gn matrix

$150 au

HopaWhitey

Club Cricketer
I'm liking the beast range but theres a guy who plays 2nds for my local club who has a belta and the ball flies off the bat with minimal sound.

Lucky

International Cricketer
Well this picture should tell you everything you need to know

MY BEAST!

Attachments

• Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,956

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
diablo and Kauhana....i voted for diablo tho

Lucky said:
Well this picture should tell you everything you need to know

MY BEAST!

:hpraise thats tight dude! :hpraise
:cool:

Lucky

International Cricketer
Hmmmm, Well Maxkarter told me that his version of the Beast is Small Mens and it is actually Graphite Reinforced! Well, since you can see that my Small Mens bat of the same model is not Reinforced, I contacted Kookaburra Australia to see what models are available and howcome I am unable to purchase a Graphite Reinforced Beast here in Aus.

Kookaburra Australia said:
Unfortunately we don?t have a Graphite version beneath the top grade Beast basically because of the cost involved. There is a black fibreglass version in Small Mens and Harrow size which presents exactly the same as the Graphite bat and has the same graphics.

It seems that even though my Beast doesn't feature Graphite, it has a FIBREGLASS backing...Wonder how much difference there...Anyone have any ideas?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The graphite reinforcement is pretty much Carbon fibre, like what is used in race cars.

Fibreglass, or glass-reinforced plastic, is plastic with high tensile strength, in fact it can withstand more stretching than Carbon fibre, but will weaken by exposure to corrosive chemicals, the elements and general wear and tear. Don't worry though, it's nothing you wouldn't try to protect your bat from ordinarily. Fibreglass tape is commonly found on well used bats, particularly on the edges. It certainly improves the integrity of your bat.

Carbon fibre, or graphite-reinforced plastic, has enormous strength to weight. It has strong vibration and shock absorbing qualities, allowing a bat to withstand much punishment, probably lightens the recoil off mishits too. This stuff is literally space age and would likely add much time to the life of the bat.

Lucky

International Cricketer
Thank Angryangy, I also decided to contact Kookaburra to see what they say....

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
angryangy said:
The graphite reinforcement is pretty much Carbon fibre, like what is used in race cars.

Fibreglass, or glass-reinforced plastic, is plastic with high tensile strength, in fact it can withstand more stretching than Carbon fibre, but will weaken by exposure to corrosive chemicals, the elements and general wear and tear. Don't worry though, it's nothing you wouldn't try to protect your bat from ordinarily. Fibreglass tape is commonly found on well used bats, particularly on the edges. It certainly improves the integrity of your bat.

Carbon fibre, or graphite-reinforced plastic, has enormous strength to weight. It has strong vibration and shock absorbing qualities, allowing a bat to withstand much punishment, probably lightens the recoil off mishits too. This stuff is literally space age and would likely add much time to the life of the bat.

You must be studying chemical materials there. Thats exactly what I learnt this year at Uni. :)

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I am now just a little confused lol. My bat has an 'S' label on the top of the handle, I assumed this is a Small Mens, considering the next size up is Short Handle which generally has a 'SH'. Does Kookaburaa have a different labelling system?

Lucky

International Cricketer
No, you are correct, S is for Small mens (as on my Beast) and I also have a Kookaburra Kahuna Tornado in Short Handle, which does say SH on the top of the handle. SO the system is the same.

Here is a pic of my Tornado in SH and Beast in Small Mens, you may also catch a glimpse of my GN Phoenix still in the packing :D

Attachments

• DSC07008.JPG
    DSC07008.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,241
Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Well, that really has confused me considering that I have the graohite version in small mens! Either they don't know what they are shipping or i'm lucky! Could also be a mislabled bat..... I'm happy anyway!

Lucky, why do you have so many bats?

Users who are viewing this thread