harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
First Indian bowler to get to 600! What a day for India. It was a great moment that Anil Kumble has reached this milestone when at one time many had written him off.

What is your most memorable performance of Kumble in his career? I rate his 5-wicket haul on the first day of Melbourne in the Boxing Day Test on this tour as the best effort coming in conditions that didn't suit him and also on the first day of a match.

Also his 10-wicket haul against Pakistan in Delhi will never be forgotten :)

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Congratulations to him. He really is a superb bowler. Even to this day, they think he'll spin the ball, and they'll play the line where they think the ball will spin to, but it won't spin at all.

Was surprised that he got turn today. he actually got a fair bit of grip.

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
Congratulations Kumble Indian Skipper for his 600th wicket. Some may call him a top spinner not a leggie but he really is a great bowler with his mix of pace and drift, turn, dip, and some spin mixed all in one to get all those 600 test wickets.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I was amazed at the turn he got on Australian wickets to be honest. He's really developed that leg break which has made his straight one even more lethal. :)

Atlas

School Cricketer
Kumble's 600? Why no Indian love for Dravid's record :)

Congratulations to Kumble and indian cricket fans.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Kumble's 600? Why no Indian love for Dravid's record :)

Congratulations to Kumble and indian cricket fans.

Yes, Dravid's catching record has been superb. He has been India's top slip fielder for over a decade now and I think he also deserves a lot of credit, especially for the slip catches he's taken off Kumble (who's almost medium pace sometimes, so some of Dravid's catches have been terrific).

I think we value Kumble's 600 as much as Tendulkar's 10,000 because we have so few bowling records in international cricket as compared to say, Australia, South Africa or Pakistan.

Atlas

School Cricketer
Actually, I was having a little go at Dravid for having the most outs at 90. :) Was good to see him back in some form though, I can't wait to see him bat tomorrow. A century from Dravid will probably win them the test.

.Mob

International Coach
Such a calm and controlled person, bowling or not bowling, hats off to him.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Congrats to kumble, one of best better Indian bowlers, i've seen.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Do you think he's going to retire after the Australian tour? I hope not... he should go on for at least another year. Maybe get up to 650? That would be a nice milestone to aim at.

Currently he's the only bowler with 600 wickets. The two above him are > 700 and the others are between 500 and 600. ;)

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Anil Kumble is one of the all time great spin bowlers. He applies brilliant variations and congratulations to him for getting 600 Test wickets. The recent development of the spinning leg break for him has ensured that his act does not become stale but his primary skill will always be hard work. He is a great role model on how to act as a cricketer and how hard work will get you into the record books above all else.

Well done Anil!

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Do you think he's going to retire after the Australian tour? I hope not... he should go on for at least another year. Maybe get up to 650? That would be a nice milestone to aim at.

Currently he's the only bowler with 600 wickets. The two above him are > 700 and the others are between 500 and 600. ;)

He has 20 played 20 tests fewer than Warnie and if he plays as many tests as Warnie, he will have 700+ wickets as well (although Warnie had a better S.R and avg).

Users who are viewing this thread