Live Cricket 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Mmm...do you mean the game runs too fast on your PC? Mmm...it should adjust to the speed of ur PC...I'll have to have a look at that again.

Yes, there's already support for variable pitches - I'll need to get a list of stadiums around the world and the type of pitches they have though. At the moment, the pitches in the game have the following attributes:

* bounce
* speed
* turn
* seam
* swing

Also, the CPU will only turn to spinners in the first 15 overs if the other bowlers are doing badly.

Kurt

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eh,All you're Doing by Yourself?,I Though there were many working:),You're Soon going to be famous here now!,No Doubt about that....

KBC

Panel of Selectors
:hpraise,

BTW,Ball Physics are awesome,Is there any Way to Change the Bowler Angle?:),Later on,I'll discuss the rest in PMs:D!!!!................

kurtkz

Game Developer
Ooooh, I knew I forgot something :/ Nope, at the moment you can't change the bowler angle and only right-handed bowling is supported. But this will change. I'll get around to fixing it when I've finished the CPU batting. Thanks again for all your help KBChandrew, it's much appreciated :)

KBC

Panel of Selectors
bah!What did i do mate?:),

I'll Write a Official Review after the full release of the Intresting,Addictive game....

This Screenshot Say it all,See how Realistic The game is:

1zoksug.jpg

And Edit:I've updated the pitches,I'll post them for you:D,Soon the grass and others will be updated only if you permit kurtkz:D

:D:cheers

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Just out of interest...how did u get bowled so many times? Was it from edges onto the stumps? Or from the pads onto the stumps?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
erm,Edges and sometimes pads....BTW,Will the Keys can be re-configured in the full release of the game kurtkz?:),Just asking though:D.....................................::good Luck!!!!:thumbs:D.................

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yup, the keys will be fully configurable and there'll be support for joysticks/gamepads as well as dual analogue stick support (left analogue -> move batsman, right analogue -> play shots).

At the moment the editors aren't working, but here is an Excel spreadsheet that you can enter information on. I'll just import the data into the game from there.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Oh cool!that's Beautiful!i'll make aussies and Kiwis today!:D....And also,Will there be Weather option and stamina ones?:),Don't worry.If it too tough for you to handle all these things....PC is there to help you antime(that's what is PC):)................

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yup, there will be weather. Rain/clouds/day/night. There's already support for stamina in the game. The little bar under the power circle is actually the batsman's stamina. It affects the power they put into shots, running inbetween wickets and their reaction rate. Basically, it decreases the more you run and the bigger the shots you play. It increases when you rest :)

KBC

Panel of Selectors
hmm,Really really Intresting.BTW,I've already added 4 stadiums into the Sheet.:p,and If you could give a tutorial or some tips on how to make and edit the sheet,Many can participate in the development:)!....!.....!....!................................................................

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Woah, I'm downloading it now! Screenies look good mate.

PS. YOu gotta have the MCG as a ground. :D

I've found the the bowlers bowl way too fast, and the batters run too fast. In general, the game play is too fast. It's hard to face the bowlers. I also found that the bowlers bowl too short, and should bowl more fuller. I haven't seen any balls go past half pitch.

Also, once the game is complete, do you think we'd be able to get sounds for the back ground. For example, make noise when the bowler is running in, and sound of bat on ball, etc.

One more question, do you think you'd be able to make it so the window is slightly bigger? Thanks. :)

Reps for you. :D

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey GilliFan,

thanks for the feedback :) Yup, I can slow down the game. Maybe I should add it as an option? Also, the CPU tries to adjust its lines and lengths according to how you're batting. So if it has success bowling short, it'll keep bowling short. Maybe that's why it keeps bowling short?

Cheers
Kurt

PS. I'll be adding a full-screen option too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread