Making editors for cricket games

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That is where you find the offsets - you need to change the addresses to decimal.

In terms of knowing where to look it can take a bit of experience. With players it's easier because you can use the player name or DOB as a reference. The only reference for squads is knowing which bytes are being used for each player to show the lineup.
To find out in BLIC how big a team was I think I selected from one team name to the next and counted the bytes. You come to have a good understanding of what the bytes actually mean with practice and experience. You know the style Codies/EA use and you learn to look for it.

Sobi

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
That is where you find the offsets - you need to change the addresses to decimal.

In terms of knowing where to look it can take a bit of experience. With players it's easier because you can use the player name or DOB as a reference. The only reference for squads is knowing which bytes are being used for each player to show the lineup.
To find out in BLIC how big a team was I think I selected from one team name to the next and counted the bytes. You come to have a good understanding of what the bytes actually mean with practice and experience. You know the style Codies/EA use and you learn to look for it.

Thank You so much. I will try to edit Cricket 07 .ros file and see what I can do with it.

Sobi

Banned
There's info around somewhere on the format. Try the c2k5 and C07 player editor threads.

Ok ill try to get hint from there but I don't want to find out the format from there. I want to try and figure out the bytes and those things myself so I know what I am doing. Anyways, I was opening a .ros file for C07 and I found that first team was Australia and I started counting the bytes from the "A" of Australia including that "A" and then the next team was Bangladesh. So do I count to the "B" of Bangladesh or the space before the "B"? When I want to find out how many bytes a team hold then I count from the first person in the team to the last person in that team?

Sobi

Banned
Players aren't stored in team order. The squads are contained in a different part of the file.

Thank You so much man!! I left alone the .ros file since its structure is too complicated but now I understand the process. I tried to open a .bag file from BLIC 07 which had all the adboards and stuff in .dds format and it worked.:D :cheers Thank You so much for your help!!! I'll post the program here to show you if you want after I am done with it.

Just quick questions on the coding. How do I make the selected images in the combobox display in the picturebox?
This is what I did:
I added a picturebox and then:

Picturebox1.image = combobox1.selecteditem

but this is giving me an error saying that the string cannot be showed in the picturebox. Any tips on this?

Also, when I do the for loop:

For x = 0 to 1222 (for my own editor)

Is there any easy way to find the last value (which in my case is 1222)? Because to find this value of 1222, I had to do several trial and errors since there are alot of these image files in the .bag file but this time I got lucky with the guessing so I had to do only about 20 tries but for future if i am opening up a file with around thousants of contents in it then how can I find this easily?

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Usually you would look for an end maker or something and use a while loop.
With regard to the picture preview it depends on the format and whether you are using a plugin. Google is your friend. :)

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Since the title goes like "Making Editors Cricket Games", i feel we should have a post saying how things are read. For example, in C2k7, we need to load the roster again and again, so how to do you read it.Would be greatfull if someone does it.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Can anyone help me on finding the list of supported resolution by a graphic adapter/card? like a list:-
640X480
1024X768
and so on...........

Edit: Got it using DEVMODE.

Last edited:

kandy422

Club Captain
Any one please tell me about the Data Base Connections to make editors for C07.
i mean please tell me about the tables it has and columns it has.
Need this kinda information. No need of programming.
If possible, post code of any editor in C#.NET

Pali

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
barmyarmy change ea 07 commentry :)

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
anyone can give easy tutorials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread