Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Additition of batsmen + details on which hand they bat and bowl with

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Details on which way they swing/cut/spin/drift the ball

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I've done, bowler types, I've added what I think of the bowlers with unique paces into the list, and I've done quicker ball paces for spinners.

Three questions:

1. Should off spinners have quicker balls that are much different than their normal balls...e.g. flippers for the leg spinner or shud they only need two paces...slowest and fastest.

2. Should I do slower ball paces for pace bowlers

3. What else shall I do?

Its good to be appriaciated.

I have decided to expand my list to be a roster of players with what hand they bat with and how they bowl...

However, Im not going to include many more paces cos I think I have included all that have unique paces...

After the roster list is complete, I will attach links with details from cricinfo...

Manee

Last edited:
excellent stuff.
could you just pass this list to EA Sports. (coz they NEVER know what speed a bowler is supposed to bowl, ever seen chaminda vaas bowling at 155 kmph???)
great work, keep it up.

IMO...Johan van der wath should not be classified as fast he hardly ever goes near 90.
and ashish nehra(though now insignificant), can easily bowl at around 140. infact, in the world cup, he clocked 149!!!

you can also add VRV Singh (India), at around the same pace as that of Munaf Patel.

I doubt we would want to give it to EA SPORTS, as this is a legend_master rival to their 'editions'!

Well, I have passed it onto the Next EA Game thread...shall I delete my post?

Update: I have decided to PM the EA mods on their forum asking if they want to include unique paces into their next game...if they say no or dont reply in 5 days then I will withdraw it from their website and the next EA cricket game thread.

Update 2: I have changed the lowest pace for pacers and made it lower so that bowling constant 90mph is not so easy

Last edited:
PaPaGeorGeo said:
Shaun Tait from Aus is a Slinger his pace would always be 140-150+ kmph

I disagree...Tait bowled 82-85mph for most of the Ashes, only some of his balls were 90 or more

Hes defiently 140+ hes the quicket bowler in Aus apart from Brett Lee, as long as he can bowl that odd one in the 150kph bracket i wont mind

Tait does exceed 145, He was bowling that easily in the ING cup final.

Hmmm...well...even though I think Im right...democracy rules so consider it changed...

PS Do you like the fact I have lowered the slowest pace to make players work slightly harder to bowl consistantly fast

Update: Easter holidays soon...which means I may start adding information on which deliveries bowlers bowl...just one thing

Can LM or someone high in TCP deveopment tell me what deliveries each bowler will have at their disposal

Last edited:
OK...am I right in saying the deliveries included will be

BTW...IMO certain deliveries need two special delivery bars...and some three or four. I will put the appropriate number next to the delivery.

Obviously not all bowlers will have all the deliveries at their disposal.

Pacers

Effective bouncer - one that lifts sharply - 1
Away Swinger/reverse swing - looks like out swinger but reverses in - 0
In Swinger/reverse swing - looks like in swinger but reverses out - 0
Seam movement - seam movement as well as swing with new ball (straight seam) (for everyone) - 0
Swinging yorker - 2
Off cutter - 0
Leg cutter - 0

Leg Spinner/Chinaman

Leg spinner - 0 - for everyone
Straight seam - 0 - for everyone (Very easy to hit most times but might seam on green wicket, or bounce on a hard one - like warne bouncing pietersen in the ashes)
Ripped leg spinner - 2
Googly - 0/1 depending on bowler.
Flipper - 1
Top spinner - 1
Slider - 3 (only for warne)
Drifting leg spinner/Gatting ball - 3 for warne. 4 for some other elite leg spinners.

Off spinner/Slow left arm

Off spnner - 0
Straight seam - 0 (Very easy to hit most times but might seam on green wicket, or bounce on a hard one - like warne bouncing pietersen in the ashes)
Hard spun off spinner - 2
Drifting off spinner - 3
Doosra - 2
Top spinner - 1 - more deception than with straight seam which shud be easy to pick 95% of the time
Arm ball - 1 - more deception than with straight seam which shud be easy to pick 95% of the time

IMO I think that the bowlers special ball bar shud go up much much quicker in ODIs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread