Mark Boucher likely to announce retirement..

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mark Boucher,who has been the most successful wicket-keeper in the history of Test cricket and second best to only Australia's Adam Gilchrist in ODIs has said that he is likely to announce his retirement from international cricket after South Africa's tour of England in July this year..He remains South Africa's most successful wicket-keeper in ODIs.
Boucher's career for South Africa started in October 1997 when he made his test debut against Pakistan at Sheikhupura and made his ODI debut against Australia at Durban in January 1998.Boucher has missed only 3 Tests since making his Test debut and has been South Africa's incumbent keeper in Tests but has been in and out of the ODI side since 2010 and was dropped for the 2011 Cricket World Cup due to poor form with the bat and his age.The gloves were given to AB de Villiers in ODIs and T20s.
In 144 Tests so far,Boucher has scored 5407 runs @30.20 and has 544 dismissals(521 catches,23 stumpings) to his name and one sole Test wicket.In 295 ODIs he has scored 4686 [email protected] and has 425 dismissals(403 catches,22 stumpings) to his credit.
Boucher also has the distinction of scoring the second fastest century in ODIs which took him only 44 balls to bring up during his brutal assault on Zimbabwe in 2006 where he scored 147 of only 68 balls hitting 8 fours and 10 sixes.
He is likely to play domestic cricket for his team Cape Cobras after he retires from international cricket.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A great servant of the game. His keeping skills were perhaps the best of his era. I have always loved watching him perform. Best of luck for his future endeavors.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ermm feels like SA would have AB as their keeper in long term perspective.

AB would be in ODIs and T20s but in Tests that's unlikely.Probably Hieno Kuhn or Dane Vilas would be good for Tests..:spy

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
He's a good fella Boucher - always had plenty of respect for him. But as a player, I can't say I rate him as highly as other people do. He was always potentially dangerous I guess, but as an Aussie fan I was always pretty happy when we got down to Boucher. I think he's been coasting on reputation mainly for these last few years, and he's lucky that no one has really been bashing the door down to take his spot.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
He was almost the last of the old school wicket keepers. Where I mean that his glovework was the dominant part of his game, whilst his batting had that slightly awkward technique that many of the keepers before Gilchrist had. Punchy, with a bit of fight and a lot of scampering. Good player, but I do agree with Sifter that in the modern era of batting keepers, he has been surpassed.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Why is SA paying tribute to Kallis instead of Boucher ??

nelson111

School Cricketer
Bouchie has been great, he's pulled us out of some seriously difficult positions in both ODIs and tests, especially in his earlier years. He's kinda like Jonty Rhodes, was never extremely brilliant in any specific area, but had the knack of winning matches for us. We'll miss him but luckily we've got a good replacement. Cheers Boet!

stefan

International Coach
Who is the likely replacement?

Unfortunately Thami Tsolekile is the one that got a national contract so seems he is chosen one. Family connections really does help.:facepalm

Should be Dane Villas till young De Kock is read.

It is sad to see Bouchie goes but al things come to an end. Will miss his fighting spirit. Best moment is him hitting the winning runs in the 438 game and helping smith guide the side to their first seiries win in england for ages.

Addy

National Board President
Would like him to join as Pakistan WK. We are seriously missing a good WK batsman.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
He will to change his name to Mark Akmal and have a dentist pull out his teeth to AKMAlian length.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well another great cricket to retire soon. Off late he has been in terrible form but he has served South Africa well with some of his great innings

Users who are viewing this thread