Mazd's Ashes17 experience.

mazd

International Cricketer
Will be posting my overall gaming experience, videos and live stream on this thread.

My short experience
So I got the game on Ps4 7 days prior to the release through my distributor (bless that guy), straight in the first thing that popped up was a mean looking Strac on my home screen and by gawd that MO cap did justice to him, just like it did to all the players that were more capped. The realism of the faces and the shot animation is surreal. But for me the greatest improvement has been the AI.

AI batting - I played a T20 international between England and Australia, batting first with Australia I scored 250 odd runs. Now I wasn't really expecting them to come anywhere close to the score of 180 based on my experience with DBC17 but boy was I wrong. The AI had a strong start, but lost a few wickets in between nonetheless built up the innings back and ended up scoring 220 odd runs which was incredible to watch.
Another T20 match I wanted to see if the created Team AI would play the same way, so in another T20 between Australia (default) and South Africa (created) I batted first and scored 140 odd runs with Australia in a reduced 16 over game. Now the AI had a bad start loosing 3 wickets in 5 overs but they slowly got back in the game by building small partnerships, they had lost 7 wickets in 10 overs I thought "okay back to DBC17 again they'll probably block tlmost of the balls" but nope, they got the match to the last over and won the game on the last ball. So yes the AI has made this game very enjoyable for me to play.

AI bowling
Australia vs England first Test in the Ashes series.
Gone are the days where the AI will bowl one straight line and not vary it at all. Here the AI bowler gave me all sorts of trouble by bowling to different strategies.
It will bowl 3 out swingers and then bring one in or bowl a bouncer at the body. For the first time I was loosing wickets to the bowler rather than giving it away trying to play aggressive shots.

Animation
The batting animation is just brilliant, all those shots by Maxwell are present in the game. The Switch hit is out of the world but the Orthodox shots are just beautiful specially when batting as Smith with his stance beautifully captured.
The small gestures the bowler makes after taking a wicket or the nod of the head by the batsmen after they play a horrible short is a nice touch to the game which also adds to its realism.
Almost forgot about the best wicket I have taken in any cricket game ever

Overall the Matches are really Fun to play, especially Test, there are a few bugs in the game which are reported already so I'm sure they'll be fixed, no reason to panic.

Finally I just want to thank @BigAntStudios Ross and the incredible team of his for the Game which I really needed because I am bedridden, the Game makes life easy at this moment.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@mazd Bro,is competition & Tour matches stats being updated in earned stats or not.Can you please check and let us know.So that we can get it fixed early if this is the problem???

mazd

International Cricketer
Finally completed the 3rd Test Match. Series is now 2 - 1 in Australia's favor.

mazd

International Cricketer
Going live with the 4th Test match. Leading the series 2-1. Let's see if England pulls it back.
Match difficulty Legend
Batting and Bowling difficulty - Hardest

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Going live with the 4th Test match. Leading the series 2-1. Let's see if England pulls it back.
Match difficulty Legend
Batting and Bowling difficulty - Hardest
That would be the difficulty I would be playing on along with Close cam..Man that was some gameplay..The struggle is real...Just amazing..This game is like wine getting better and better over time..:D

mazd

International Cricketer
Resuming the play after a very Shaky start. Australia is trouble.

mazd

International Cricketer
1st Inning highlights from the 2nd India vs Pakistan Odi. A great last wicket stand saved me from a low score.

mazd

International Cricketer
Started my career in India.

Started my first innings terribly, bowling all over the place. Got out quickly, but the 2nd Inning bowling was phenomenal. Bowled 3 magic deliveries to get three wickets. Ended up taking a fivefifer.

Users who are viewing this thread