Mega Patch v1.0 Released (How do u like it?)

How do u rate the Patch?

• 1-25 (Crap)

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • 26-50(Expected much more)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 51-75 (Good but wil iprove in future versions)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • 75-100 (Best Patch for C2K5, Yet)

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was waiting for the final release of the Fantasy Sky 2006 Graphics coming out in this pack. But it isn't there. Although I have the alpha version.

Of this I only haven't got the Graphics selector installed. So thanks for this.

Great job boys. :)

das_vicky

International Cricketer
We didnt have much expectations from MegaPatch, but having said that I still believe it would be of gr8 help for many who are new to Planetcricket.net and that is exactly the reason why i took so interest in Organizing the MegaPatch. Also we are not any EA/HB developers, so please dont expect us to come up with something new in C2k5. All we can do is create some patches and include some, created by others and bind it into a package and make it available for download. The ratings in the poll are based on these limitations. So i again request you not to expect something completely new out of us as we are modders and not developers(we could have been if we had the source code).
You have to organize somthing like this to realize its not an easy job, so I decided to help sid_19840. Many downloaded the patch with the idea like "MegaPatch will convert C2K5 to C2k6" and I am afraid but dare to use the term "Imposible" to create such a patch at this early stage.

So I can request everybody to support us by limiting your expectations to a practical one, and enjoy MegaPatch v 1.0.0

v_malhotra

School Cricketer
thnx a lot dude, let see how it all works out. Gr8 job by the whole team. Plz try and get new stadiums, new teams & new face packs xt time. All members suport u fully & plzz post here for any help frm us, we'll do all thats possible.

akira2291

Club Cricketer
great to see that the patch was released finaly. its for sure a great work to get all under one hat. GREAT WORK !!!!

and rahul please not such unnecessary comments

rahul_sunny007 said:
Boy its too late i think everyone has got all the patches in their game

Better luck next time

allindrome

School Cricketer
It is certainly a good effort but it was rather unnecessary to make people download 75Mb when most of the users wanted only the exclusive contents. Also mistakes can be learnt only by feedback and in this case it was absent as evident by the bugs in the ESPN TV overlay.Surely it is not possible for one man to check all aspects of a patch and there is bound to be some errors. I am sure that the mistakes will be rectified but surely it would be unfair to make us download another 75Mb only for the corrected overlays.Although the megapatch is a good idea , perhaps it would be better not to make it a compulsion for people to download but rather a choice.

Shiggins

School Cricketer
hey guys if it 75mb it 75mb.. it thier patch.. and they want it all together if it was me i would of done it in a 75mb zip or a exe file i wouldnt of let them download multiple parts at all.... stop whining at keast they did something for you... if you want the Exclusive parts your gonna have to download the whole thing .... now stop crying

PS. Nice work guys... just one question tho i have like 3 of these patches installed will it overrite them??? or have u guys just dumped heaps of patches into a zip??? and u haveto install each on Manually?? or is a a Exe that will auto install????

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Most of the installation is automated(by a exe) a couple have to be done manually(two exe's and two copying of folders)........if u want ur patch to be intact then backup the files and after installation u can copy the backed up patches to the original place, thats it..

Ken Jude

School Cricketer
ndn_enigma said:
Uninstalling the patch seemed to be a problem, after uninstalling, and restarting, I couldn't get rid of the remnants of the file such as the program files folder and the start menu folder. It actually forced me to do a system restore., I hope this could be improved upon

I've got this problem too. After uninstalling I am unable to delete the mega patch folder - get the message that it's unable to read from source disk.

I'm a bit confused by the installer for the stuff in the first folder - will all that stuff work in the game if it's installed to the default folder that the installer suggest (C:\program files\megapatch)?

JANER

Club Cricketer
allindrome said:
It is certainly a good effort but it was rather unnecessary to make people download 75Mb when most of the users wanted only the exclusive contents.
Wolfs pes4 patch does be 800mb so kinda appreciate how small it actually is

Damolee

School Cricketer
I hate whiners, ffs ....whats 75mb? ...Sorry that will interefere in your downloading of other material for the best part of ten minutes. Don't like it, then don't download it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread