Mental Umpiring

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is because I am using Tutsi's patch as I only recently got the game and never played an unpatched version.

Is anyone else suffering from mental umpiring decisions? I have had the CPU caught behind off his gloive and it wasn't given. This seems to be because if you hit the ball with anything other than the bat the Umpire signals leg byes.

That piece of lunacy was just about acceptable, but then Um,pires started giving leg byes when the ball blatantly hit the bat. The worst I've had is a leg glance off the bat, through mid wicket for 2 runs and the Umpire gave it as byes!!!

Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

ha ha ...I straighr drove a ball for a singlr & the umpire gave leg byes.

sometimes for me it calls a wide even though i hit the ball........its extremelty annoying when u are bowling coz it gives away a run for no reason. lol how dodgy

Umpires seem to be planks (well most of the time :)). I hit the ball into some empty space, ran two runs and the umpire signalled leggies - despite this the runs were correctly added onto my batsman tho, so I am guessing its a wee bug in the code which decides what cut scene to display!

Yeah it's strange that because sometimes they don't signal leg byes but the commentary says that they are and then the runs get added as extras. It's a really simple thing to get right but unfortunately Canadian programmers didn't see it that way.

Why oh why can't they just get someone who knows something about cricket on the development team? That's the reason Football Manager 2005 is so good, becasue Ray Houghton is there constantly tweaking things.

I got 4 wides for a mistimed sweep off the pads this lunchtime. Oh joy!

Maybe you could just be experiencing a problem with the autoplay feature.
Because on my PS2 after I autoplay few overs the next ball gets signalled for byes or leg byes even if I leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread