Micromax vs Samsung - Would you go for Better Specs or Better Brand?

Better Specs or Better Brand?

• Total voters

Gurjot95

National Board President
Here is another mobile which has all the features Galaxy Note 2 or in fact even better and is available for just under Rs 15,000.

Check the features and ready to be blown way Umi X2 Full HD 5 inch Phablet Price in India | Features & Specs

The only cons are it's Chinese brand and since it's also a new brand, don't expect service support. Almost zero modifications/custom ROM's aren't going to help either. I think these drawbacks will be enough for me to stay away from any new brand especially if it's Chinese.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
fearsome tweak both Samsung and Micromax.Kick out anything.BlackBerry rules.Go for a BB10.
And any day brand comes higher than specs.
At a cheaper rate,i got a ASUS laptop but still i went for a lesser spec Alienware and never regretted.It possibly would have ***** ASUS easily.:thumbs

Gurjot95

National Board President
fling both Samsung and Micromax.Kick out anything.BlackBerry rules.Go for a BB10.
And any day brand comes higher than specs.
At a cheaper rate,i got a ASUS laptop but still i went for a lesser spec Alienware and never regretted.It possibly would have ***** ASUS easily.
Should have mentioned about Android.

Anyways I am looking lot of handsets with all these fancy features at cheap rate (Most are of Chinese Brand). I don't think I will ever go for Rookie brand over brand which is known for years. Why? Because of all the after sale support available in India and Micromax are one of the biggest brands in India so we can trust them. Another most important reason is Modifications and all developer support provided by XDA which you'll never find for a Chinese phone. Obviously build quality taken into account. The reason I am comparing Samsung with Micromax is because we know each brand for years. Even though with Micromax poor after sale service, I am seriously considering buying Canvas HD just to support our local brand (and another reason being my low budget :p). After all, customer support doesn't just improve by itself without any support from buyers. If I ever buy their phone, it will be my first handset from a brand which is not Nokia or Samsung. I know I am taking a huge risk but don't forget that Canvas 2 was the most popular phone on gsmarena and it's out of stock everywhere in India.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Although, I have no intention of buying it, has anyone checked Jiayu G4's specs? Its got hell lot of good specs esp. when its priced below 10k INR. Jiayu is a big player in China and the Chinese Phone market, if you aren't aware.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Okay, I think I should post and it might help you decide. I have been using Samsung Galaxy Y for a while now and recently I had to buy Micromax Smarty which is almost the clone of Y. It was about half the price of Y and is smooth. But, the finishing of the product is no where near to that of Samsung's. It is like the phone is built on a very thin surface. If you get what I mean. The touch screen in Samsung feels much better. If budget is the obstacle, then I'd tell you to buy Micromax otherwise go for Samsung.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Indeed. Micromax have established themselves with Canvas Series. Canvas 2 was the most popular phone on gsmarena and it is out of stock at every shop. That said I wouldn't go buying without reading any reviews. I am not expecting much considering their history but I just hope it will be worth the money. GSMArena stated that they will be rolling out 4.2 upgrade for Canvas HD which they never did for any of previous models which is good sign.

Although, I have no intention of buying it, has anyone checked Jiayu G4's specs? Its got hell lot of good specs esp. when its priced below 10k INR. Jiayu is a big player in China and the Chinese Phone market, if you aren't aware.
Actually my above post was based on this phone along with UMI X2 :p

Gurjot95

National Board President
What do you guys will prefer now b/w S2 and Canvas HD? My friend is looking to sell his 4 month old S2 for 15K but I can see only two reasons to prefer 2 year old outdated S2 over Canvas HD is it's brand and availability of Custom ROM's. It has a great development support in XDA but Canvas HD owns over it for it's specs. What will be your choice b/w these two phones? XDA Development and after-sale Support for two year old hardware or Latest Hardware with a poor customer support?

Users who are viewing this thread