Minnow Online Trophy - 3rd round now underway!

dippa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
JustT1m (Canada) vs dippizuka (Zimbabwe)

Canada won the toss and elected to BAT.

Unfortunately, things went wrong right from the outset with Canada losing John Davidson and Ashish Bagai in consecutive deliveries. Canada then lost a 3rd wicket soon after, leaving them on 3-8. Canada's run rate hovered around 7 an over during the fielding restrictions, which was an achievement given that the first over went for 1 run.

Abdool Samad rebuilt the innings somewhat, with a respectable 26 off 33 balls before eventually falling to Chibhabha. Chibhabha, who took 3 wickets for 21 runs including one maiden managed to limit the ability of the Canadians during the fielding restrictions. Other bowlers were not so fortunate, with Desmond Chumney and Sunil Dhaniram putting on a partnership of 63. Dhaniram would top score with an unbeaten 56 off 33 deliveries and he played well to drive up Canada's total to 156 for 7. George Codrington pinched in with a handy 17 off 15 balls towards the end.

canada-batting.JPG

Chibhabha's 3 for 21 off 4 overs was the standout, but Rainsford avoided getting hit around too much with 0 for 22 off 4 overs. Mpofu collected 2 for 38, but the 9.5 runs per over nearly changed the course of the match.

zim-bowling.JPG

Zimbabwe failed to avoid the first over curse however, losing Terry Duffin after the second ball. Vusi Sibanda managed to put on 11 before he nicked to Davidson at slip, leaving the Zimbabweans at 2-25. That would be the slowing down in wickets however, as the Zimbabweans were to lose only one other wicket with Stuart Matsikenyri finding himself short after a handy 39 off 21 balls. Matsikenyri was the most assured bastman at the crease, and the time it took Chibhabha and Sean Williams to get the runs turning over put Canada back in the hunt. Codrington was one of the beneficaries of the slow partnership, bowling 4 overs for a miserly 11 runs with the first 2 overs going for only 2 runs.

zim-batting.JPG

As they played themselves in, Chibhabha and Williams started to pick up the pace. In particular they went after Mulla and Osinde, who ended up with figures of 0-28 (2) and 1-47 (4) respectively. John Davidson's two overs went for 24 runs and as the match progressed into the final overs the Zimbabweans started to find the boundaries again after a very dry middle period.

can-bowling.JPG

Zimbabwe, who slowed down to be at 75-3 after 10 overs managed to pick the pace up towards the end needing only 16 runs with 18 balls to spare. The Zimbabweans weren't happy to wait that long though and they reached the total at the end of the 19th over, defeating the Canadians in a very tight affair.

full-zimcanada-scorecard.JPG

A very good game. It's just a pity that Zimbabwe only have one decent batsman, even on balanced :(. But it was a great game nevertheless.

tommymac

Club Cricketer
sounds like a great game! well done dippa! thanks for the superb write up! really appreciate it and it was a good read! good to have you in the tournament!

cheers

Monty57

Club Cricketer
sadely me and chris(flintoff) had 2 call our game a draw. After hours of trying to play each other nothing seems to work. So we decided to call it a draw.

tommymac

Club Cricketer
sorry to hear you didnt manage to complete the game, but thanks for the info! EarlGC you still around?

dippa

Club Captain
cmon finish up those other matches so i can play my round 4 game!

Ricco_M

Club Captain
@ Leicester Fox - I tried to send you another PM to arrange our Round 3 match but the following error came up

Leicester Fox has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

So mate hopefully you read this - could you let me know when you can play our Round 3 game of the minnow league?? How about tomorrow night (monday) around 9.00pm (UK time)?? Cheers :)

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Sorry Tommy. Not had the best last week and a bit and so not been able to get on as I'd like - anyway I'm back now and, in good news from your point of view, will no doubt be as rusty as they come. ;)

tommymac

Club Cricketer
lol im sure you'll give me more than a run for my money,when would you like to play? just pm me

good to see you back though, hope everythings all good

Users who are viewing this thread