Miscellaneous Football Thread

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Islam Feruz has apparently decided not to play for Scotland.. Chelsea starlet Islam Feruz turns his back on playing for Scotland... after SFA chief changed the rules so that he could | Mail Online

And check these two links as well Link 1

Link 2

Such hate!

But I feel that this is a massively one sided article. Where is Feruz's point of view? Daily Fail doing what it does best. The kid painted in very unflattering terms when there is clearly more to this than - ohh we were so good to him but after he succeeded he stabbed us in the back for no reason. In this instance, he?s asking for an opportunity to show his talent to the club that he hasn?t broken into the first team. That is easily understandable. It?s not like he?s going to get alot of opportunities to prove himself at a club level. He has to take the chance when it presents itself.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's probably for the best for him though, it seems just being scottish is enough to damn a career, all the guys that got pinched by ireland are doing much better (mccarthy and mcgeady)

tbh, if they want him they should just hang back criticiszing him. I don't think he can qualify for england so it's scotland or somalia. if he can qualify for england then to me it's the start of a worrying trend, that came into view with janujaz a few months ago.

If clubs like chelsea, man city, man u, arsenal, barcelona, madrid and munich are just hoovering up players when they're 16 then this is just going to end up with the all the best players playing for germany, england and spain.

I can seriously imagine a future where england is getting to the semi finals of world cups with teams made up of youngsters poached from other countries by big clubs. tbh don't see the point in international football if it begins to go this way. in fairness this hasn't happened yet but the potential is there.

----------

scotland related though, mulgrew scored a goal that would ibrahimovic's top 10 against nigeria, back heel flick that lobbed the keeper

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
scotland related though, mulgrew scored a goal that would ibrahimovic's top 10 against nigeria, back heel flick that lobbed the keeper

Yeah I watched the game, was a very good goal. Scotland didn't play amazingly well but seemed in control for large parts of the game but then they threw it away at the end with some stupid defending.

Does anyone know why it was played at Craven Cottage?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Btw, Feruz cannot play for England. He has already represented Scotland in a youth championship(WC, Euro et al), so that automatically makes him ineligible for England, similar to the case of Fernando (Porto)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I watched the game, was a very good goal. Scotland didn't play amazingly well but seemed in control for large parts of the game but then they threw it away at the end with some stupid defending.

Does anyone know why it was played at Craven Cottage?

Craven cottage has held a lot of international friendlies over the last few years. I think Nigeria have played there before too.

I guess it's to do with european based players making up most of the teams, so a neutral venue in a city like london is ideal. No point playing in the emirates if it will be 1/4 full.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
think it might have been because nigeria were heading to america for their training camp and london was a stop over too.

quite happy if Feruz can't play for England, but I'm not sure representing teams at U21 level is enough (pretty sure mcgeady played U21 for ireland and Scotland were still hopeful of him playing for the full international team), if he doesn't want to represent Scotland that's fair enough just as long as he's not being told he can play wherever he likes.

War

Chairman of Selectors
BpDnXo9CQAAcCqy.jpg

:lol I CAN'T BREATHE!!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^Is that Tom Cleverly? What's the story behind this picture?

War

Chairman of Selectors

HAIL KING MESSI! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread