Mitch Johnson will pip Wasim Akram and become most successful left-arm bowler - Waqar Younis

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Even if Johnson was to get 400 test wickets & break Akram's record one day. I reckon i'd still rate Wasim best ahead of him.

Akram swung the ball conventionally & reverse @ pace, thats was his strenght. Johnson is a hit-the-deck seamer who tests batsmen physically. Midge doesn't swing the ball generally, but if he gets the right conditions (as the case was in South Africa 09/10) he can swing it & be very lethal.

Robelinda

International Coach
No question that batsmen would rather face Mitch than Wasim, but what does it all matter if Mitch ends up with more wickets? Big if though.

Num

Club Cricketer
This may be a tad off topic, but I vaguely remember that Johnson first started playing international cricket he had a much more upright arm action, not nearly as slingy as it is today. Is that a possible reason as to why he does not swing the ball as much nowadays? You would imagine a more slingy action would induce more swing though.

TumTum

International Cricketer
This may be a tad off topic, but I vaguely remember that Johnson first started playing international cricket he had a much more upright arm action, not nearly as slingy as it is today. Is that a possible reason as to why he does not swing the ball as much nowadays? You would imagine a more slingy action would induce more swing though.

Waqar Younis

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm, both underachieve massively. I'll try to be unbiased, Wasim was probably better technically, but if both are firing I'll take Notch.

Robelinda

International Coach
Whose batting do y'all reckon is better?

Well, thats a tough one. I really dont think we'll find out until a few years time, but so far Mitch is probably equal, though has the potential to be quite a way better. Wasim was a massive underachiever with the bat, looked dangerous at times and had a nice simple technique, but only 7 50's isnt really good enough for 100+ tests. His best ton was vs Australia at Adelaide, he and Imran hauled Pakistan out of deep deep trouble, but he rarely applied himself again at test level and threw his wicket away WAY too many times. In the late 80's he was used as a pinch hitter in ODI's and was effective, but for some unknown reason wasnt promoted much again. He was a bit of a slogger most of the time, easily had the game to bat 7.

Robelinda

International Coach
Zimbabwe, whats to say. Saqlain got a ton that day too. Saqlain, :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

He obviously batted well, but rank bowling it has to be said, dropped a few times, hit some big sixes but it was like park cricket.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Zimbabwe, whats to say. Saqlain got a ton that day too. Saqlain, :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

He obviously batted well, but rank bowling it has to be said, dropped a few times, hit some big sixes but it was like park cricket.

Well even Gillespie has double hundred against Bangladesh. I saw that inning of Wasim. It was a dominating innings but the quality of opposition suggests we should not look much into it.

Bhargav

International Cricketer
Mitch Johnson will pip Wasim Akram and become most successful left-arm bowler-yes for sure 100%..he is the current best & fastest left hand bowler...
And will be the best in the future...
Hope for the best...

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Hey, did anybody know that you don't get prizes for bumping old threads? I just found out. Trust me, I was as surprised as you are.

Users who are viewing this thread