Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ashish Nehra :)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There is no sight better in World cricket that left arm Fast bowler ripping in an inswinger going through a forward defensive of right hander. Alas it has been a rare sight ever since the retirement of the great Wasim Akram. We have got Zaheer khan who is a very good left arm seamer but can't be categorized as a genuinely quick bowler. However we do have three bowlers who can bowl over 140 KPH quite consistently and have been instrumental in their respective teams' performances over the past year and a half. I am talking about Mitchel Johnson, Muhammad Amer, and Wayne Parnell. Both Johnson and Amer are quicker and handy with bat but parnel is also young and can gain extra yard in pace in due time. Johnson has already clocked over 150 MPH and Aamer kept on coming closer to that mark in New Zealand. He is only 17 and with a few muscles he can get there in three or four years.
So who do think is better of three. My vote goes to Jhonson

Last edited:

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
You can't really put Parnell and Aamer in the sam catagory as Johnson as he is about 10 years older than the two of them. Obviously Johnson is the best player of the 3 because of his experience. Parnell has played test cricket yet so it would be difficult of compare him to Aamer though Aamer certainly has the talent to become one of the greats.

By the way, Parnell is very hand with the bat, he can bat at 6 in domestic games both in South Africa and England.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You can't really put Parnell and Aamer in the sam catagory as Johnson as he is about 10 years older than the two of them. Obviously Johnson is the best player of the 3 because of his experience. Parnell has played test cricket yet so it would be difficult of compare him to Aamer though Aamer certainly has the talent to become one of the greats.

By the way, Parnell is very hand with the bat, he can bat at 6 in domestic games both in South Africa and England.

Fair enough that Johnson is a lot older than the two but my main criteria was Left arm pacers that can bowl at good pace.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
WTF! This is worse than the other one!

Johnson for sure. He's taken over 100 wickets, and won us a series in SA. The other two are yet to become regs in their test sides!

And, now any series with Australia in it depends oh Johnsons form. If Johnson performs, Australia will win.

If not, the other team has a chance. Like the Ashes :laugh

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Johnson anyday, for the reason mentioned above.

Also Parnell and Aameer are still kids(age/experience wise) compared to Johnson,theystill have long way to go

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
Johnson hands down. He is experienced, lethal, and consistent. The other two have a long way to go before people rate them above a guy like Mitch.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think Johnson is horribley over-rated, and if it wasn't for his batting I'd retain bollinger in the australian side, with siddle and hiflenhaus.

Still the others have too much to prove, so johnson.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Wayne Parnell. He doesn't believe in talking his way into wickets. He gets onto the job and picks them.

P

pcfan123

Wayne Parnell. He doesn't believe in talking his way into wickets. He gets onto the job and picks them.

going for the troll of the year award I see. Can you comment on any thread without insulting the Australians? and then you get your panties in a bunch if anyone says anything even remotely negative about India.

-----

on topic:

Obviously M Johnson is a far more tested player but between Aamir and Parnell its a virtual toss up. Both have the potential to be leaders of their countries attacks but I can also see both falling off the wagon and never being heard from again.

Also, I would not state Aamir being 17 as a fact

irottev

School Cricketer
Johnson over the others by a country mile. Both the other 2 are still developing as cricketers and in future will probably be great bowlers.

ENOUGH OF THE COMPARISON THREADS haha.

TumTum

International Cricketer
going for the troll of the year award I see. Can you comment on any thread without insulting the Australians? and then you get your panties in a bunch if anyone says anything even remotely negative about India.

Bravo :clap

I think Johnson is horribley over-rated

It's not his fault he produces one of the greatest bowling spells regularly.

He is inconsistent, but not over-rated.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer

Well, I didn't take names, did I? You interpreted it the way you chose fit and then rant. You always choose to wet your pants immediately without giving it a second though and I think its about time you should buy a diaper. And anyways, check the WI in Australia thread in the International Tours section. You will find trollers aplenty out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic: Aamer is one guy I see going a long way. I hope out of hope that he doesn't go the Ishant way. I'm sure Younis & Yousuf shall be mentoring him well, under the able eyes of Waqar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread