My journey on the Internet and PlanetCricket

true story - I joined PC to get updates about Ashes 13.

Great ! . (*Hailing while typing) .
So now can we conclude that you are familiar with the ins and outs outs of the game , or still looking for future updates ? :p

Last edited:
You're getting what you came for but.... after four damn years. That must be a long wait.

to be honest the fegan drama was (retrospectively) hilarious...

it may have been for the best. even had AC13 been a competently delivered game, it was always going to be an unambitious cash-in, but would probably have killed DBC14 due to the licenses. for all the issues in both dbc14 and 17 cricket gaming is in much better hands today.

That was a good read, Planetcricket is probably the only place were Indian Pakistanis don't abuse each other and start insulting each other religion like those idiots on YouTube comment section.. Just makes me angry when they start attacking each other religion.

I "discovered" the Internet when my father bought a laptop for himself about 10 years ago. By that time, i was already watching cricket, but didn't understand much of it. As i've said somewhere else, in the very first match i watched, Shahid Afridi hit a century of 45 balls, which pretty much set the bar for what i expected every batsman to do :p. He was watching cricket highlights on a website named "cricfire.com" one day, and i sat beside him and started watching too. I would go on to binge watch every video i could find on that site while he was at work. I ended up watching the whole 2005 Ashes series highlights, every Pakistan match i could find, and some other matches as well. We had ARY Digital in Europe on our cable those days, so i could watch the India-Pakistan series that year as well. Afridi was already my idol after his aforementioned century, but when he finished a chase of 322 in the 2nd ODI with a quick innings, he pretty much became my hero, alongside Younis Khan, who scored a century, if i remember correctly. I started understanding cricket better after this, and followed the ICL (who remembers it? :p), where i was really impressed by Imran Nazir's hitting, and the IPL in 2008. The 2009 T20 WC win remains my second most favourite cricket moment of all time, after the CT win this year. I lost touch with cricket following that WC until the Pakistan-SA series in 2010. I had heard on the news about the spot fixing scandal, but didn't really understand it, as the concept of "fixing" was unknown to me. My dad was watching the second ODI of that series, and i ended up watching. Abdul Razzak's hitting was absolutely brutal in that match. Pakistan won by 1 wicket, and i was back in love with cricket. After the WC in 2011 (which i think we were unlucky not to win), i followed the WI series following that, and was shocked by Afridi's retirement, and stopped watching cricket. Thankfully he came back months later :p. Once again, i stopped following after the 2012 WC, came back for the India series in 2012-13, then stopped again. I watched the 2013-14 series against SL, as i was in Pakistan then, and then keenly followed the T20 WC and Asia Cup in 2014. By this time, i had an FB account, and i had "liked" many cricket pages, and was watching videos on YouTube as well. I never stopped watching cricket from this point onwards. I enjoyed debating about cricket, but the only place i could do that was FB, and sometimed YT comment sections. I was disgusted by people abusing each other just for having another opinion, but kept going back. Eventually i got tired of it. Which brings us to PlanetCricket.

I am worried how similar this is to my life. With Nazir's hitting, the earlier IPL seasons and especially, Shahid Afridi's 45 ball century.

You've inspired me to write my own. Will get on it later this week. :)

I am worried how similar this is to my life. With Nazir's hitting, the earlier IPL seasons and especially, Shahid Afridi's 45 ball century.

You've inspired me to write my own. Will get on it later this week, :)
You are both clones.
Since one of you is a mod and the other is within touching distance of becoming one...I think I've just unearthed your plan for total World Domination.
Not on my watch lads.

You are both clones.
Since one of you is a mod and the other is within touching distance of becoming one...I think I've just unearthed your plan for total World Domination.
Not on my watch lads.

Damn it.

and-i-would-have-gotten-away-with-it-if-it-werent-for-you-meddling-kids.jpg

You are both clones.
Not on my watch lads.

No one has cottoned on to my plan for world domination yet. I am admin, Ahmad is Staff, just need to get El Loco on board then operation Planet Birmingham will be in full effect...

No one has cottoned on to my plan for world domination yet. I am admin, Ahmad is Staff, just need to get El Loco on board then operation Planet Birmingham will be in full effect...
What did you think I was trying to draw attention away from in the above post! :facepalm

Back on topic enjoyed reading that passage and a lot I could relate to in there, I can actually remember where I was during a lot of the cricketing moments that you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread