My review of Brian Lara 05

Asjad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Salman1k said:
I have played both demos as well. I just enjoyed BLIC much more. I dont think a missing back foot button is a big deal. This is a game. You can make the same case for EA Cricket 2005 when you bowl a ball, you can only bowl certain types of delivers depending on the type of bowler you are. The inclusion of special deliveries when bowling is not realistic in my opinion. Someone like Wasim Akram could bowl 6 yorkers right on the stumps. Those of us who have played a lot of cricket will understand my point here. Maybe BLIC is just a refreshing change. I just had fun playing. We will have to see what happens in the next 3 weeks.

very true, in EA cricket 2005, i don't think you can actually move the ball around in the air and off the seam as well as you can in BLIC, and the special delivery in BLIC 2005 doesn't neccessarily get you a wicket. Iam sure that in EA cricket 2005, bowling the special deliveries may always get you a wicket, i hope someone confirms this.

Josha1210

School Cricketer
I wouldnt review the game until you have played the full game.

cdak

School Cricketer
I think you need to think more about what shot to hit in BLIC. The main problem with all EA cricket games is that it's relatively easy just to master one shot and to play it against almost every ball. Having said that timing is easier in BLIC.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
true wat u said bout ea cricket games cdak

in cricket 2004 my specialty was a charge slog offdrive. constant sixes and only occasional **** ups. right down to mcgrath i could hit em.

3rd ball in cricket 2005 i tried it and wat a surprise...6 runs

yeh timing aint overly hard in BLC demo but its only medium difficulty remember

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
BLC 2005 totally sucks<<---( opinion of a hardcore cricket fan) it feels like u are playing kiddie cricket. no reality in the dam game..........it would have been perfect if it had certain features or better graphics or real player names.........

Ea Cric2005 edges it even though it has bugs

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
My initial view of BLIC is pretty dissapointing. The lack of front foot and back foot shots is daft. I will however buy the game, due to the fact that it will be a nice alternative to cricket 2005 (which i will also buy).

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
how can you call cricket 2005 realistic. the animations are crap and the ball physics are even worse

Users who are viewing this thread