National All-Time XI for Pakistan

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
How about selecting your choices for each team's all-time XI?

Pick a total of 16 players 11 for a team and 5 reserves. Each team can have its own thread so I will make this one Pakistan's thread. Here is my All-time Pakistan team:

1. Hanif Mohammad
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Javed Miandad
5. Inzimamul Haq
6. Imran Khan (Capt) :hpraise
7. Rashid Latif (WK)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Abdul Qadir
10. Waqar Younis
11. Shoaib Akhtar :mad

Reserves
12. Saqlain Mushtaq
13. Mudassar Nazar
14. Mushtaq Mohammad
15. Wasim Bari
16. Majid Khan

A few problems with my list...
1. The tail is longer than I would like it to be, even though Qadir could hang in there like a leech sometimes.
2. Only 5 frontline bowlers, no backup like a front-line batter who also bowls (Aamir Sohail for example), but with the quality of five bowlers I have in there, hopefully wont need a backup!
3. Shoaib Akhtar :eek: !!! People who have seen my posts know how much I hate the guy. But I have to put him in there just because of his raw pace, and two more factors: With Imran as captain, you can bet there would be no showmanship or any less-than-100% effort from Shoaib, or he would be out on his ass faster than you can say Rawalpindi Express. Secondly, we can still use him in his usual 5 over bursts because with a backup like Waqar, Wasim, Imran and Qadir, he would not be carrying the bowling alone.
4. Wasim Bari was picked because I think you should have a second WK in the reserves. Moin deserves a mention but with his rotten keeping skills, he doesnt make the cut. I would pick Saleem Yousuf before Moin!

Any comments about my selections?
Someone from India should make a thread for the All-time Indian XI, an Aussie should make one for Australia and so on and so forth. Should be fun!

I shudder to think about the all-time West Indian XI!! Holding, Garner, Griffith, Hall, Marshall, Clarke, Ambrose, Walsh, Croft, Roberts..... holy freaking crap who ever makes that list has one hell of a bowling attack to pick from. I do believe that if these teams ever hypothetically faced off, an All-time WI XI would beat an all-time Australian or England XI, Bradman or no Bradman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread