Story Natwest Challenge 2005 - Pakistan Vs England

thats a big total for pakistan, lets hope they restrict england from that total. Good to see Youhana get a 100.

Shabbir and Sami an co.. will need alot, to overpower that england line up.

Pakistan Vs England Final ODI at Lords
Pakistan 246/7
England 218/10

Pakistan have won the 2005 Natwest Challenge

Highlights and summary all coming soon... just bear with me please :onpc :D

David Gower - Hello Everyone and Welcome to the Pakistan Vs England Natwest Challenge highlights. I am joined in the studio with former Pakistani captain Waqar Younis & Ian Botham. Well Waqar can't get that smile of his face can he the reason for that is Pakistan have won the Natwest Challenge here at Lords the home of English Cricket. But never the daught it was a entertaining game well were going to ready with the highlights, over to Nasser Hussain who is on the ground.

Nasser - Good Morning everyone and welcome to Lords for this Natwest challenge final well, the wheather here doesnt look to good but the pitch does its a greenish track and this pitch will assist the fast seamers and who ever wins the toss in my opinion should will this game. Get some early wickets and apply the pressure.
pic15hp.jpg

Well England have won the toss and have elected to ball first.
pic23yp.jpg

Taking a look at this pitch you can see the greenish grass on it and for a early start this will do some damage to Pakistan.
pic35vy.jpg

Here is the Line up for the Teams
pic44gf.jpg

pic57jw.jpg

David Gower - Well Waqar if you were still captain and you had won that toss what would you have opted to do?

Waqar - Well David it looks a good bowling track for the first 10-15 overs thats the time where teams should look to take quick wickets.

Ian Botham - I might also add that down at the Oval in the 1st game it was a green track and Pakistan were bowled out for 150 so it shows Pakistan are not used to English conditions.

David Gower - Well let's get down to action LIVE from Lords Pakistan Vs England Final ODI in the Natwest Challenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salman Butt Caught LBW! A major blow to Pakistan, Salman looked in great touch in the natwest challenge.
pic65iv.jpg

Shahid Afridi on the Attack early plays a straight drive
pic76tr.jpg

Anderson STRIKES for England, But was this actually or was it driffting down leg side
pic81oo.jpg

Yousuf Youhana & Taufeeq Umar have made a fantastic 60 partnership to keep Pakistan in this game. youhana looking to attack now.
pic98mp.jpg

Fantastic Shot by Taufeeq Umar
pic105wa.jpg

There's the Captain's 100! Well derserved by Youhana
pic112ng.jpg

Youhana hitting hard now hes wants a reasonable total to defend
pic126up.jpg

GOT HIM! Collingwood who has been hammered this game has took the crucial wicket over Youhana he goes for *135 certainly a winning knock!
pic136ty.jpg

Here is the Pakistan Battings Stats
pic141vh.jpg

England Bowling Stats
pic177nf.jpg

Pakistan Score Card
pic168em.jpg

David Gower - Well i've got to say that was some excellent batting by Pakistan especially Youhana & Malik. Your thoughts Ian?

Ian Botham - Well yes it has to be said Youhana would make a impact on this team after the injury of Inzi it was upto him to lead the side in this Challenge and he has lead them from the front, a captains knock can also be the winning knock!

Waqar - Great batting by Youhana this shows he is capable of handling the Captaincy. There will be alot of talk now if Pakistan win this game wheather Youhana is a better captain the Inzi.

David Gower - Well were ready for the England innings its over to Nasser & Rameez Raja in the Comm box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early Aggressive start by England Trescotick taking the ariel route.
pic216be.jpg

Solanki plays one straight to Salman Butt. England 30/1
pic220uv.jpg

Vaughan gone GOLDEN DUCK MIDDLE STUMP beauty by Shabbir! England are 30/2 now
pic234uk.jpg

Strauss showing his class
pic248cr.jpg

Trescothik plays a great shot down the ground
pic251px.jpg

Strauss gone England are in real trouble 87/3
pic267sl.jpg

Flintoff Run Out... Major Blow to England
pic286cg.jpg

Collingwood hits a 4
pic295eb.jpg

Collingwood GONE! England in real trouble now 178/5
pic300ip.jpg

Geriant Jones increasing that run rate for england
pic310nw.jpg

OUT! Malik Strikes for Pakistan. 188/6
pic321lp.jpg

Bowled Him, Afridi strikes for Pakistan. Things looking bad for England now 196/7
pic339by.jpg

Afridi strikes AGAIN! thats 5 for afridi now 197/8
pic341nc.jpg

Anderson is Englands last hope of a miracle
pic356ae.jpg

BOWLED HIM! Pakistan have WON the Natwest Challenge!
pic362eu.jpg

England Score Card
pic373xp.jpg

Pakistan bowling figures
pic383sh.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Everyone thats the End of the Natwest Challenge. I hope u have enjoyed this tour as i have enjoyed playing it. All Comments welcomed.

great tournament mate it was wonderfull.

Thanks everyone! im glad u liked this Challenge!

Users who are viewing this thread