New PC BSOD Error

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey guys, ive just recently bought a new PC and i installed windows XP on to it,, because it didnt have a OS on there... at first windows XP installed but when on the desktop i would get the BSOD error saying IRPL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL so i then decided to format the HDD and re-install windows again but when ever i do this either with Windows XP(SP3) or Windows Vista the same error occurs during setup..

Sometimes i get the BSOD error saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA also sometimes when windows is in the installation i get error messages saying certain files are corrupt.

This is my spec (PC was bought about 3 days ago)

# AMD Athlon X2 5200 Processor (2 x 2.7GHz)
# 4GB DDR II 800 MHz Memory (Ram)
# 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive
# Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT Graphics Card
Motherboard - Asrock Micro ATX Motherboard
Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430

I have read a few sites on the internet and they suggest that its the RAM or Memory error but this system is brand new surely the RAM cant be messed up that quick!

Please guys someone help me.... its driving me mad lol

Sureshot

Executive member
Could be faulty RAM. Could be overheating CPU. Certainly something hardware related and not software.

Try taking out all your cards on the motherboard, and then start it up with none in, then maybe put the GFX in, start it up, etc. Repat with Sound, etc. Process of elimination, whatever is left is the problem. Luckily DDRII is quite cheap. Buy a 2GB stick and test it on that, it's only about ?10.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Probably related to RAM. Run a scan using memtest86 to check if RAM is the culprit.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
What AbBh said. RAM can often be DOA (dead on arrival). The first thing you should do when getting new RAM is run memtest on it. If it doesn't check out, you should get it replaced.

kenpat

Club Cricketer
Try puting in 1 stick of memory at a time then try the other if you can't dl memtest to test them.

Users who are viewing this thread