New Zealand in England

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Wow..Lucky guy.I have never seen any England Match live....
Anyway there are 5 days tickets..means you have to buy 5 tickets for 5 days??

No, tickets are bought for individual days of a test match. The first, second and third days are the most popular, therefore the most expensive, due to their 99% guarantee of play. People who buy tickets for the fourth day are given tickets to the fifth day for free. I have bought a ticket for the fourth day of the test at Trent Bridge, Nottingham, and so I have also got a ticket for the fifth day for free.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oho got you..I though that they generally sell it for whole 5 days as a Package..Anyway Thanks and Enjoy..

PhilD123

International Coach
Oho got you..I though that they generally sell it for whole 5 days as a Package..Anyway Thanks and Enjoy..
Yeah you are right, although you can buy the days seperately, you can also buy a 5 day ticket, which is usually discounted a little.

madmusician

Club Cricketer
Yeah, I would be going to Lords, but it's in the middle of my exams and very expensive. Still, I am going next year :p

irottev

School Cricketer
Replacements for IPL players
(until May 1)

Michael Mason
Mark Gillespie
Grant Elliott

Test squad
Daniel Vettori (captain)
Daniel Flynn
Peter Fulton
Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
Brendon McCullum (VC)
James Marshall
Chris Martin
Kyle Mills
Iain O’Brien
Jacob Oram
Jeetan Patel
Aaron Redmond
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor
(Either Mark Gillespie or
Michael Mason to be added)

ODI squad
Daniel Vettori (captain)
Daniel Flynn
Mark Gillespie
Gareth Hopkins
Jamie How
Jacob Oram
Michael Mason
James Marshall
Kyle Mills
Brendon McCullum (VC)
Jeetan Patel
Jesse Ryder
Scott Styris
Tim Southee
Ross Taylor

----------------------

First of all. I'm thrilled to see James Marshall and Daniel Flynn made the sides for both. I'm also happy to see Mason and Gillespie have chances at getting into the test side and are both in the ODI side.

Aaron Redmond is a strange selection for opener. I haven't seen much of him lately, i'll admit, and his figures are decent in the State Championship, but i've never seen him as an International player. I'm a bit concerned there isn't any back-up opener in the test squad. I'm also disappointed they didn't select someone young like BJ Watling and/or Greg Hay. Iain O'Brien is a terrible bowler. He really should be switched with Gillespie or Mason as someone who has to play well in warm-ups to get a spot.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
So Southee has find place in both form of the Game.
Good to see some youngsters coming in.
At last Kiwiz have got rid of M Sinclair.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
MCC squad for Sunday's game at Arundel

Darren Bicknell, Hylton Ackerman, Richard Montgomerie, Rob Nicol, Nathan Astle, Sean Ervine, Chris Cairns (capt), John Stephenson, Paul Nixon (wkt), Steve Elworthy, Min Patel

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Just was reading it on Cricinfo.
I think England have advantage as lots of NZ players will join the team from IPL so it will take time for them to adjust for the Test cricket.
so in other words after some crazy slog hitting its now real tough Cricket.:p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
It's going to be an interesting series, but I think the fact that the NZ team is going to be apart for so long without any of the top players and captain could really work in England's favour. England's players have been allowed to go away and play some proper cricket. The likes of Flintoff, Hoggard, Anderson, Strauss, Vaughan etc etc etc have all been playing county cricket, 4 day cricket, aswell as the odd 50 over FP Trophy game, they're just going to be much better prepared than the NZ players who are out playing in a Mickey Mouse Twenty20 competition. I don't think it's going to do the NZ team any favours at all. Apart from the in the T20 game :p

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The argument works both ways. By playing in IPL they are getting some competitive cricket under their belts rather than 3 friendlies. But conversely they aren't getting used to playing with the dukes ball in English conditions.

Personally I think its shocking that Cricket NZ has allowed them to miss the start of the tour, I know they won't miss the tests, but I firmly believe that the second part of the argument above is more productive than the first.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I don't see it is going other way because Bowlers like Oram has used typical line and length for T20 and now it will take time to adjust the things.
Other thing is that if they would have play the Practice games then it would give them opportunity to adapt to the English Conditions.

irottev

School Cricketer
At least the ODIs are after the tests. We're probably going to lose the test series to it'll be good practice.

Good to see Cainsy and Astle going against NZ. Sadly those guys wouldn't have played much cricket with the majority if the team. Goes to show how much can change in a few years.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Wa Astle meant to be playing today too? Looks like Cairns could still do a job for NZ!

Hope to see Nicco and HD do well representing Leicester.

Users who are viewing this thread