New Zealand Premier League XIII

I was going to run the same question for season one, but the answer is obviously Chris Cairns.

Dwayne Bravo who was the second best all-rounder in season one, only ended up playing three out of his teams 20 games in season two.

Grant Elliot who was the forth best all-rounder in season two, was the third best in season one.

Andrew Flintoff backed up being the forth best in season one, by being the best in season two.

Overall for season one:

1st. C Cairns (NG) - 442 runs, 16 wickets
2nd. D Bravo (CC) - 303 runs, 20 wickets
3rd. G Elliot (AA) - 495 runs, 11 wickets
4th. A Flintoff (OV) - 265 runs, 12 wickets

More details on the proposed pre-season bash:

* The proposed pre-season bash will be used as a springboard for the New Zealand player's, to get them use to the New Zealand Premier League standard.
* The tournament will last exactly one week, or seven days.
* All teams will play five games, three group games, and two play-off games.
* Each team will have a squad of 13 players, including all of their New Zealander's.
* The games will be played at two venues in central Auckland, Cornwall Cricket Club, and Mount Albert Grammar School.
* These two venues will each have two pitches in use, one being artificial, and one being grass.
* As it's an exhibition style tournament, and a New Zealand Premier League trial, entry to the grounds will be free.
* The matches will be 40 over's each side, just to reduce the workload on the pitches.

I think i like the idea.:)

bcvstheworld added 12 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

So,we get to choose only 2 overseas players in the squad?

I think i like the idea.:)

bcvstheworld added 12 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

So,we get to choose only 2 overseas players in the squad?

You don't choose anything, I'll most likely select three of your weaker international players to be in your 13 man squad.

What'll start first, the NZPL Pre-Season Bash, or the APL Pre-Season Bash??? :sarcasm

It's actually more of a mid-season bash (between season two and season three)...

We're still going to have the seasonally two practice matches, in which of all your players must play in. ;)

Oh,good.
Basically,the averages and stuff will be the same for both the 'Bash' and the main tournament.Right?

Yeah, it's kind of like a New Zealand Premier League trial, for you to see how all your fringe New Zealand player's go.

Users who are viewing this thread