• Pakistan

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

kamran_nz

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
People who r saying Eng or Ind plz odn forget Pak, Everyone is pointing out players in the teams who can be super in future except Pakis. We have some young talent like Butt, Afridi, Razzaq, Younis, Shoiab is not retiring either and alot of talent coming through from domestic so Pak can be a threat aswel but people i use to stay in NZ their upcoming players are crap but saw the aussies they are packed so don think they will lose their strength, also i would say India and England can be up there but i don see a chance for lankans, windies and the africans after their big guns are gone. So Pak, India or Eng but Pakis should be in the list of people for sure

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Bangladesh will be the best team after WC 2007.They are going to win it.

Go!!! Bangladesh Go!!!

India will loose badly if Sehwag is captain after 2007.Many times it has been proved that Sehwag is a bad captain & his teams have not won any match(eg.Chalenger trophy,Sehwag XI vs Dravid XI which was played recently)

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Hopefully no one will be a superpower, it would be great to see a few years of evenly contested series between everyone. But thats just my opinion...

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
stevie said:
Hopefully no one will be a superpower, it would be great to see a few years of evenly contested series between everyone. But thats just my opinion...
I'll go with that, I think if one team becomes dominant (In Any Sport) it is bad for that sport as closely contested competitions are what we all want to see.

Aussies r tops

Club Cricketer
But there is always someone who rules the world in any sport whether we like it or not. Michael Schumacher, Tiger Woods and Ian Thorpe are just some...

I hate to say it. It just kills me. It makes me feel un-Australian. But I have to be honest sometimes (I started this thread, which could be taken as not liking my own national team!), if anyone is the nextr superpower in world cricket it will be England. But to make sure this happens the ECB need to...

REVAMP COUNTY CRICKET.

The points system basically encourages sides to bat forever at a snails pace so to get maximum points, and from that is really just encouraging players to try and get a draw!
Players brought up in that fashion are never going to get anywhere in trying to topple a great side such as the great current Aussies one...
I don't want to sound biased, but we should look at the Pura Cup & ING Cup, they encourage players to try to do their best and win the game in as quick time as possible, so then they get a bonus point. That way we get a result, and no teams coming away from a game with 3 points and another team coming away with 25...

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
Australia, all the way.

For Bangla - the luckiest team is not best, they really don't deserve
got test status by luck.
got beaten by canada.
They still don't know how to play tests.
They played India & aus when these were in worst forms.

Pak u-19 is u-19 champ not Bangla u-19. I think funal was Pak vs WI

Aus u-19 players won't get direct ticket to Aus team. They will have to play fierce competetion in states before making to Aus team. By then they maybe 25-30 but will be well learnt cricketers
Ban u-19 will straightaway play for Ban and will all be dropped before they turn 25 to make way for then u-19.

Actually, people have nothing to criticise about Aus, so they pick up a meaningless topic of age. See any new Aussie - Clarke, Katich,Hussey,Watson,... they don't take time to settle in international cricket.
Williams,Bichel and Bracken were good enough to not allow Aus lose more than 1 match in TVS cup. I know about Hodge,Clingffer,etc. as well.
Maybe Aus A is 2nd best team in world, Aus B 3rd best,...

For those hoping for Ban no.1 amd aus no.9, wait till your hair turn white(or fall off) and teeth fall. And if doesn't happen pass this message to your grandson before you die

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Nor Pak u-19 is World Champion, nor Bangladesh U-19 is World Champion. Surprise, surprise, it's none other then Australia who won the throphy in 2002 in New Zealand. So Australia have enough young talent, to fill in the spots, which will be left, when the old players will retire.

Read it for yourself: http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/

Here is the scorecard of the final: http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...-U19_U19-WC2002_YODI-SUP-FINAL_09FEB2002.html

Next Youth World Cup will be in 2006 in Sri Lanka.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
ZexyZahid said:
Nor Pak u-19 is World Champion, nor Bangladesh U-19 is World Champion. Surprise, surprise, it's none other then Australia who won the throphy in 2002 in New Zealand. So Australia have enough young talent, to fill in the spots, which will be left, when the old players will retire.

Read it for yourself: http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/

Here is the scorecard of the final: http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SCORECARDS/FINALS/AUS-U19_RSA-U19_U19-WC2002_YODI-SUP-FINAL_09FEB2002.html

Next Youth World Cup will be in 2006 in Sri Lanka.
Of course the last Under 19 World Cup was in Bangladesh in 2004, which was won by Pakistan. Helps to get your facts straight.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I went to google and searched cricinfo.com for it. The recent results that I find was that. But you guys probably know better.

Now I went to search for 'Pakistan u-19 cricket champion' and found this: http://www.iccu19cricketworldcup.com/news/reporters/rep077.html

But I don't mind that Pakistan has won the recent World Cup. :) A very bright future for them then.

Last edited:

cornjoelio

School Cricketer
don't think the Aussies are gunna roll over and let a new team take their crown. Their dominance over the last 15 years means that we haven't had much reason to see their depth, while other nations are rotating like a spit roast. Australia have been solid, and haven't had the need to blood too many youngsters on the international stage, but are cooking up some good'ins in Australian domestic and English county cricket who will be mature and raring to go once their time rolls around.
Clarke, Katich, Symonds, Lee and Ponting still have quite a few years left in them, as do Haddin, Mike Hussey and Hodge who are waiting in the wings.
Meanwhile, the next generation is being taken care of by players like Jaques, Thornley, Tait, Bracken, David Hussey and Craig White, just to name a few.
The future looks bright for the Aussies, but so too for England and the Paki's.
Win or lose, if englad can put in some solid performances in this Ashes series, they'll draw so much confidence from it. They've already got a great young pace attack that look to strike fear in the hearts of all other teams. A little bit of fine tuning all round and they'll definately have a complete cricketing unit.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I agree with the aussies here that even if the giants of the current team retire, it does not mean that the Aussie side would become crap immediately . The Australian dominanace has a lot to do with the Australian sporting culture and their spirit to play hard not only in cricket but also in other sports . And the performance in an U-19 world cup is not always a pointer to which team will dominate the sport in the future as a few guys posted earlier ! Field hockey is a classic example . The India Jr. hockey side has given exceptional performances in the recent past but when it comes to the same players playing in the senior side, they struggle. With the Australian domestic structure so well organised, they are bound to get in inputs of talent quite frequently . Maybe not in the same class as a Warne or a Mcgrath but certainly good enough to win matches for the side. Remember guys named Nathan Bracken, Brad Williams who won Australia the TVS Cup in India also featuring NZ . They beat India in the final defending 231 .
I also believe that the Australian second XI players are good enough to get into any Intl. XI .
The Aussies may well be toppled from their No.1 spot in a few years but they will still be there and thereabouts . It could be anyone of the subcontinental teams or it could be England ! My best bet still is India,Pak or England . Wait and see . India and Pak have to improv upon their consistency first. These are 2 very talented but very inconsistent sides which is a worrying fact .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread