Noob Bowling Questions...

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Having been a lurker for the past couple of months, I finally own a copy of the game and I'm loving it but I'm struggling to understand a couple of things regarding the bowling. I feel stupid for having to ask these questions but I can't find anything listed in the controls or in the tutorials.

Firstly, I have been using primarily the standard controls (this is my first experience with a Big Ant game) but I can't find an option to alter the seam, unlike as is the case with the classic controls whereby you can alter the seam with the left stick. On standard, obviously the left stick deals with the line of the delivery (as opposed to the right stick on classic). Am I missing something, or is altering the seam only an option in classic mode??

Similarly, I have been using the classic controls for spin bowling as I like the idea of being able to actually have an impact on the amount of spin applied to the ball and again, spin is obviously applied by twirling the left stick but I can't find an option to do this on standard mode. How on earth do you control the level of spin if playing with standard controls?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I was also confused at first but I've been told "Standard" scheme is more like pick up and play for beginners and "Classic" is more advanced, they named it a bit wrong.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Having been a lurker for the past couple of months, I finally own a copy of the game and I'm loving it but I'm struggling to understand a couple of things regarding the bowling. I feel stupid for having to ask these questions but I can't find anything listed in the controls or in the tutorials.

Firstly, I have been using primarily the standard controls (this is my first experience with a Big Ant game) but I can't find an option to alter the seam, unlike as is the case with the classic controls whereby you can alter the seam with the left stick. On standard, obviously the left stick deals with the line of the delivery (as opposed to the right stick on classic). Am I missing something, or is altering the seam only an option in classic mode??

Similarly, I have been using the classic controls for spin bowling as I like the idea of being able to actually have an impact on the amount of spin applied to the ball and again, spin is obviously applied by twirling the left stick but I can't find an option to do this on standard mode. How on earth do you control the level of spin if playing with standard controls?

Seam position is only for Classic controls yes

Standards as said above the the beginner controls, so you dont get "advanced" features like spin control and seam position.

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I was also confused at first but I've been told "Standard" scheme is more like pick up and play for beginners and "Classic" is more advanced, they named it a bit wrong.

Seam position is only for Classic controls yes

Standards as said above the the beginner controls, so you dont get "advanced" features like spin control and seam position.

That makes sense, thanks to you both for clarifying for me — does this apply to batting too (ie: are there 'advanced features' only available when batting with classic controls)?

Users who are viewing this thread