Official Cricket Revolution Discussion Thread

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hope they have current licenses, Because the kits from the screenies look as if they had 2003 ones. It doesn't matter really. But, i guess if we could have formats compatible for editing and modifying.

Really looks promising though, Can't wait.:).:D.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Looks interesting, the screenies suggest no licenses but could be a work in progress. Let's hope this is both released and good.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Having just read the bumf on the website I dont think it has any potential I'm afraid. It comes across as more arcadie than BLIC. Dont think it will have much to offer the cricket fan.

KBC, this is from the website, should answer your question

It is not a slow hyper-realistic cricket simulator or a representation of real teams or tournaments

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Yeah just by looking at the screens just about every batting team was going at more than 10 runs per over, thats enough indication to me that its gonna just as hopeless and unrealistic as all those EA and Codemasters versions we love to hate so much.

It even looks a bit like BLC....funny though, especially when u read the "game info" the developers put on the site, they promise something like "unparalleled gameplay" or whatnot but in the end its just eyecandy used as propaganda if you ask me. This one especially cracked me up "Artificially intelligent fielding" - i mean seriously, if THAT is one of the hilights to the game then im not holding my breath.

We're in for a shocker and the sad thing is tons of people are gonna sell their souls again about how its gonna be a saviour of pc cricket games and the same people are gonna go crazy with disappointment and what a ripp-off it is.

This is probably uncalled for cozz there isnt a whole load of info out about the game yet, but i just really get the feeling that this is a chip off the old "ea codies" block.....who the hell wants another arcadey cricket game again anyway?..yikes..

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Yeah, probably a bit too early to write it off, but it does seem to be heading down that path. They didn't do themselves any favours using some of that rhetoric, particularly mentioning 'arcade' style play. Dont get me wrong, i want more than anyone to play a great cricket game, jeez ive waited for soooo long its not funny, but sadly ive got a bad feeling about this one too.

Nailclaw

School Cricketer
This looks as promising as BLIC07 did. Hopefully you guys turn out something better though. Best of luck.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
sounds like a better graphics version of stick cricket

shot combos??
"You will be able to do things like play shot combos to unlock mightier shots, knock players out with bouncers to the head and taunt opponents to force them to make mistakes"

Srinath Krishna

School Cricketer
It's another of those "whack-the-ball" games... I would love to have a balance between the bat and the ball... Sadly, no cricket game comes close to achieve this... I would rather play some Stick Cricket to amuse me, than to play this one... :mad: :noway :(

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Yeah i really dont understand why there cant be more guys like the dude making "The Art of Cricket" or why programmers/companies cant have such an attitude towards their games. I mean who gives a crap if the game isnt as big as baseball and doesnt have such a big market? The cricket games market isnt HUGE but its still pretty damn big and what those dumbass companies like EA or Codemasters dont understand (perhaps to an extent this cricket "revolution" from the look of it) is if they had just done things properly over the past few years the games would have been AWESOME by now. Its basically like when ur in college and u slack off all year and then before final exams ur like "crap! i have a sh@tload of work to do now im gonna have to skimp on all the work" - just do something properly the first time.....but no.

I got so jealous the other day, was checking gamespot and saw a preview of the new MLB2008 (baseball for those who dont know) and i mean it looks INSANE....not only are the graphics rediculously amazing but the game mechanics work. Looks to me like all the stupid / uninterested guys went to code cricket games while the ones with passion about the game went to make their favourite sport games come alive on pc/console.

what a life...

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Looks like one of those `FILA World Tour Tennis` game where you could play games on courts near the Opera House or the Egyptian Pyramids.

lancashire666

International Coach
im not likeing the sound of this one up to now, if you want to play unrealistic cricket play BLIC, i want a realistic cricket game! just one! once!

Users who are viewing this thread