Official Planet Cricket Fm08 Challenge Thread

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
yea sure mate. But it has to be in by the weekend if you complete it :)

this one is easier. Lost to Chelski and Man U and only 1 point of Arsenal at the end :(

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
When i load mine it says save game can not be loaded :mad:

I put it in the games folder in my documents/footballmanager2008/games.

What have i done wrong?

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
mmmmmmm

are you using FM08
dont think the patch matters as im on 8.0.2 and Trev is on 8 and I could load his

others could load mine

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Screen Shots

First Game

In the first game I was completely outclassed by the dreadfully unluckly Villa side. Their goal was nothing more than a mere consolation goal but should have been one of many for Martin O'Neill's team

MOTM: Craig Gordon

Liverpool were dominating with an under strength team until Carragher was sent off in a Zindane-esque headbutt aimed at Chopra for no apparent reason. Despite having less men Liverpool were still able to control the game for long periods of time until an unmarked Higginbotham powered a header goalwards from a corner. Immediately Gerrad and Torres were called up off the bench but were unable to make a difference.

MOTM: Danny Higginbotham

Brilliant win against a side who are doing so well plus it brought us out of the bottom 3 by 1 point. :p

Not sure where to start here, We were awful, absolutely dreadful. Man City kept the ball for extremely long periods of time as they banged 4 past Gordon who got an 8 for his performance, shows how many shots they had.
Vassel's pace was way to much for the slow centrebacks despite them sitting deep.
The Honeymoon period is defintely over.

MOTM: Darius Vassel.

With this result we slipped back into the bottom 3. :mad:

In a game where it was relatively even I was hoping for a win especially as Derby were in the Relagation mire aswell. But with it being on TV and away from home we struggled to take the game by the scruff of the neck and hence the result.

MOTM: Matt Oakley a real captains performance from him.

Quite literally the most boring game I had the misfortune to have. 0-0 with the Hammers having a grand total of 2 shots, both on target mind, and me having a measley 5. Both tried to play counter attacking play and therefore cancelled each other out. I tried to change it at the end to no avail. West Ham seemed content to draw and in all honesty I wasn't complaining at the end. This draw see us come out of the bottom 3 again.

Good close game thanks to the sending off of Castro ,who suprizingly found my players so annoying he also had to headbutt them in order to release his anger, as Newcastle were dominating even though I grabbed a goal in the first half. With 10 minutes to go we were sitting pretty and I was starting to think of the nice gap of 4 points I was about to go ahead by until they stuck on Ameobi as a target man and it paid off straight away leaving me dumbstruck especailly as I'd just put on an extra defender to help out at the back. In injury time Newcastle pressed and pressed despite the man down but we counter attcked thanks to a great though ball by Richardson to Chopra who was now through. We shot straight at the goalkeeper and my heart sank until i realised it rebounded straight back to him for the easy finish.

MOTM: Ross Wallace

4 points clear of the bottom 3.

Despite home advantage I was hoping that with a bit of luck a draw might be on the cards as Tottenham had played well in their past few games. And thats exactly what I got through the most strangest of scorlines. Tottenham blew us away in the first half and the score should have been more than 2-0 to them. The opening spell of the second half we showed exactly why were no longer in the bottom 3 scoring 2 goals only for Aaron Lennon to score within 2 minutes of the leveller. This could have been the point where we gave up but instead we continued and levelled again from the penalty spot.
Thinking the game was over I took off Kenwyne Jones and sat back and was duly punished when Berbatov took them once again in the lead. Thankfully Chopra kept plugging away and the draw I had wanted at the start of the game was a reality.

MOTM: Michael Chopra

With strong performances in the past few games I was hoping for more of the same but it didn't come and he looked dreadfully poor again as with the Man City game. We couldn't keep possesion and we throroughly outplayed the only reason that the Scoreline was so respectable was due to another redcard by the opposing team. Are my players that annoying that on sight they are headbutted kicked and hacked down?
Despite the loss we keep ourselves clear of the relegation zone.

MOTM: Kevin Nolan

One of the greatest comebacks I've ever had. Kenwyne Jones was outstanding despite Chelsea running the game until we scored a lucky goal at the 60th minute mark, Sunderland suddenly began out playing Chelsea as we started to make chance after chance and finally broke through after 83 minutes to draw level. And to nick it in the fashion we did was very pleasing seeing us beat Chelsea from a corner in the last minute, Heaven.:D

MOTM: Michael Chopra, I think it should have been Jones though.

Final Game

Pretty much already stayed up so not alot rested on this game but a good performance to end the season was satisfying.
Connolly and Chopra both played well to deserve their goals.

MOTM:Michael Chopra

Final Standings

I enjoyed playing with Sunderland quite alot during the challenge so Ive now decided to continue with this game, just bought Defoe for 9 million and have started rebuilding for next year. ;)

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
mmmmmmmmmm

well you need to go to the link, download the game and put it in the file where your other save games are

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Doesn't work for me either. Seems going from version 8.0 to 8.0.2 works but not the other way around. Maybe I could do the save games then it'll be alright?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol ........... i have never undertsand this game :( just ask Treva, he tried to make me understand for few weeks but he failed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread