Draft: Old Guys

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Azhar Ali

Former Pakistan captain. 7k test runs in almost 100 matches, still playing in county cricket.

He will bat at 3.

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
346612.jpg

Ah I might as well just pick the star of the draft Darren Stevens and get one of my geriatric picks done with. His form last year was anyways equivalent to a granny on steroids, and I can't fathom why Kent discarded him in favor of Joey freaking Evison..

@Paranoid Kendroid
He is playing for England now. Granted it is the England Over-40s, which is a strictly amateur team, but still

Aislabie

Ireland
1688417180521.png

:pak: :ar: Mohammad Hafeez (:slvo:)

With the geriatrics disappearing at a rapid pace, it's time I started selecting mine. My first is Mohammad Hafeez: Pakistan's ultimate utility player at his peak, he still appears to be the match of most domestic players even as he progresses into his 40s. He still returns strong numbers in the competitive Pakistan Super League, most recently after being quite literally called out of the commentary box by Quetta Gladiators to replace the injured Ahsan Ali. He more than replaced him, and will hopefully find a team again the next time around.

3. :pak: :ar: Mohammad Hafeez :slvo:
8. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin

@Supreme General

Supreme General

County Cricketer
Well might as well get another OAP into the team before I’m forced to pick 60yr old Steve who waddles out for the second XI every other week. And I’ll add another seamer to go along side the GOAT in Tim Murtagh. If there’s any swing to be found in any pitch, my opening bowlers will be able to find it.

licensed-image

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Ah ok, over 40s are running out, I need to get one... er, who was my first choice? Tim Murtagh... oh. So um, over 40s are running out quickly, how about... oh no, he's 39. Ah... I'll take... :jam::ar: Chris Gayle

Chris Gayle
Shakib Al Hasan

Over 40s: 1/3

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Ah... I'll take... :jam::ar: Chris Gayle

I'm not so sure he's valid coz his last professional game (FC, OD, T20) was in Feb 2022, only just short of the actual ruling in this draft. And the Canadian T20 he was recently drafted for still doesn't carry official T20 status for some reason. That's pretty much why most of us haven't selected him already..

An "active player" is defined as someone who has played at least one First-Class, List A or Twenty20 match since 01 April 2022, and who has not announced their retirement from professional cricket.

Aislabie

Ireland
I'm not so sure he's valid coz his last professional game (FC, OD, T20) was in Feb 2022, only just short of the actual ruling in this draft. And the Canadian T20 he was recently drafted for still doesn't carry official T20 status for some reason. That's pretty much why most of us haven't selected him already..
This is completely correct.

@pillowprocter please could you pick again

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Associate T20 leagues don’t carry T20 status after the full members complained about the UAE’s league.

Aislabie

Ireland
Associate T20 leagues don’t carry T20 status after the full members complained about the UAE’s league.
It's funny because it's true.

Of course, none of this would matter if CricketArchive had the clout to become cricket's answer to Baseball Reference.

Supreme General

County Cricketer
Well I think it’s time to continue assembling potentially the oldest seam bowling lineup of all time. And bring in the guy who probably found his Italian passport at the back of a wardrobe somewhere.

In comes my last over 40 guy in the form of Gareth Berg.

@Aislabie

Aislabie

Ireland
Well I think it’s time to continue assembling potentially the oldest seam bowling lineup of all time. And bring in the guy who probably found his Italian passport at the back of a wardrobe somewhere.

In comes my last over 40 guy in the form of Gareth Berg.
Berg is a legend - I've never known anyone shill for anything as hard as he shills to any players with Italian heritage to come and play cricket for them. He's great.

Also I love the idea of Jimmy Anderson being your youngest seamer. Now then...

1688461325419.png

:pak: :bwl: Mohammad Irfan (:slvo:)

My next pick is a true freak of nature: a seven-foot fast bowler who is somehow still going strong at the age of 41. I simply cannot imagine how he does it, but when you think of the sheer physical toll his bowling must take on his body, the fact that he's still playing professional cricket in the year of our Lord 2023 is absolutely absurd. He's still really effective too, especially in the T10 League (which doesn't count for this draft, but does show that our man has still got it).

3. :pak: :ar: Mohammad Hafeez :slvo:
8. :ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin
11. :pak: :bwl: Mohammad Irfan :slvo:

@Aravind.

Users who are viewing this thread