On how many pc's i can install it.

A product is a product, you dont get buy 1 get one free for no reason.

Stop being a cheap arse and buy another copy.

Theres another option....
Give the game to me.....:D

Is it necessary to play the online game on Steam,means can we play the game without installing steam or without using Steam...

No guys he has a point.

If you bought a box set you would be able to install it on multiple computers right ... so with Steam, although it would be idiotic for them to offer unlimited amount of people playing simultaneously, it would be useful if they could have something like at least 2 players can play on one account at once.

It can be install on unlimited pc depends upon u how many pcs you have got

^ This.
You can install it on as many as you would like but only run it one at a time.

Do not understand what you guys find unfair about that. You only paid for 1 copy of the game so you can only play it on 1 computer at a time. Even if it was a cd , you could only play one at a time as the CD needs to be in the drive.

This is really pathetic from the makers of the game :mad:, because if there are 3 pc's in a house and all want to play with each other over LAN, they need to purchase the game 3 times,
thats one way of generating funds for yourself...

Mmm sorry do burst your bubble but I don't agree: if I buy a chair and I have a number of people wanting to sit down then I have two options: we all sit on the chair at the same time (which could become fun and/or bordering on illegal!) or I buy a chair for everybody whether they are my relatives or not. this game will cost you less that your average chair although I don't know about your personal financial circumstances. Software is the same unless it has a multi-computer license on it like some programs do. In conclusion they are fair to make you pay for each and every copy you need. Class, discuss:

Mmm sorry do burst your bubble but I don't agree: if I buy a chair and I have a number of people wanting to sit down then I have two options: we all sit on the chair at the same time (which could become fun and/or bordering on illegal!) or I buy a chair for everybody whether they are my relatives or not. this game will cost you less that your average chair although I don't know about your personal financial circumstances. Software is the same unless it has a multi-computer license on it like some programs do. In conclusion they are fair to make you pay for each and every copy you need. Class, discuss:

Your efforts are futile mate, most of these guys are just going to pirate it anyways.

Theres another option....
Give the game to me.....:D

There's another option, get a job.

Yeah, buy 2+ copies of it. The game isn't even hugely expensive, and the developers/Steam aren't going to change the rules just because one guy wants to play his brother on the LAN.

Besides, Steam would be very silly to let any one game be used on more than 2 computers, as such a feature would be open to abuse. It's available on one computer max, so deal with it.

Sigh... I really don't understand why some people are so cheap that they have to pirate the game. Why not just buy the game? Especially for a growing game like CR, buying it is a good idea as it helps for future development.

@Hmarka: LOL, the car thing, hilarious :rtfl .

Actually if you look at it in a positive way, if you purchase from steam you can install on as many machines that you have. You can play offline on any number of machines as steam will start in offline mode. Only that you can play online in one machine at a time. Now in case of retail DVDs, you can play on only one machine at a time as the DVD needs to be present all the time, whether offline or online.

However I do agree that in case of pricing, for India (the subcontinent in general) it's slightly overpriced as PC games are usually around $10-$15 mark here. For other countries thou, $25 is an awesome price, and the game is well worth it too. :)

Hmm. Maybe they would have been fairer by making it so that if two people are on the same IP.Address they can play against each other?

Actually if you look at it in a positive way, if you purchase from steam you can install on as many machines that you have. You can play offline on any number of machines as steam will start in offline mode. Only that you can play online in one machine at a time. Now in case of retail DVDs, you can play on only one machine at a time as the DVD needs to be present all the time, whether offline or online.

However I do agree that in case of pricing, for India (the subcontinent in general) it's slightly overpriced as PC games are usually around $10-$15 mark here. For other countries thou, $25 is an awesome price, and the game is well worth it too. :)

Exactly. You can't play your brother, get over it. You can play so many other people on LAN and Revolution Online. You can play it when your brother's out or something. Take turns playing online, the other can play off-line.

Yeah. I remember getting Prince of Persia and a lot of other cheap games for like 150 rupees from India. But, still, you're gonna have to dish out the cash if you want to play your brother. Just the way it is. Better yet, go to a friend's house who has the game, and play your brother from there, your friend won't mind I don't think :p .

Has anyone actually tried using lan mode with Steam in offline mode?

Haha that would be hilarious! :doh

EDIT: No sarcasm intended btw...

LOL someone should probably try, this entire discussion might have been in vain.

If that was a criteria then most discussions on these forums are useless!:D

Anyway he might have a hypothetical brother who has a hypothetical lan system hooked up to a hypothetical game and thus we can have a hypothetical discussion.....or maybe someone should just take me around the corner and kick me repeatedly in the head until I shut up!:)

Users who are viewing this thread