one day fielding tips.

jimj1010

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi guys,

I've had the game for about 6 months now. Its one hec of a game. Well
i have a ps2 version and i can't get screen shots. I've made quite a few
achievements that i'd like to share with the group. I even try to snap screen shots with a digital camera but it doesn't come out to clear or how i want.
Anyhow i'm gonna try to manage with paint.
Well this is a field that is perfect for one day games, even after the restricted overs for bowlers to use. (Only fast / medium fast). If your bowling the right length and line, following all the bowling tips used on these forums, you can really take control of your bowling.
If the batsmen go for big hits they will get caught, and after one or two bowled or caught, the batsmen become very cautious and only go for the leg glance, and it keeps ur runs to a minimal per over. you should bowl the right line and length tho... try it and let me know... for me this custom field works to perfection, i got australia all out for 18 runs in 8 overs in a 20 over match with india.
cheers and this is a great place to learn and master the game you guys really have helped me a lot, and its time for me to give back.
altho the attachment isn't the best drawing i think i can get the message thru..
cheers,

jimmy

p.s. if you want me to send bowling tips, send me some screen shots of RH batsmen and LH batsmen, i'll use ms paint or something to edit them and tell you where to place the ball on wat line length and how much to spin and seam for fast and medium pacers. The best technique though is still bowling like in real life, dont repeat the same bowl over and over, variation is the key. yorkers, bouncers, inswingers, out swingers, reverse swing, slow ball... etc..

Attachments

• jim.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 49

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Welcome to the forums jimj1010, and thanks for the tips

voldemort

International Coach
wow his first post is a tactic i suppose that he will give greater tactics in the future.

jimj1010

School Cricketer
hi,

r u guys not able to view the word document. there's a pitch diagram inside that i created in paint. It was too big to upload so i imported into a word document to post it.
ok will try again. THe only thing is i'm doing this from work so have to be careful so as not to get caught ;)

p.s. wish the ps2 version could have been upgraded with all the patches and stuff. It looks really interesting all the effort u guys put into making the pc version better. Is there anything i can do to import all the patches for my ps2?

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
mmmmmm jim sorry you cant be able to download patches for your ps2 but what kind of pc you have go buy a new one it will probably cost around 12 or 13 dollars it depends where you live'

groobz

Club Cricketer
I can see it fine,, i'll post it for you jim.

field.jpg

It's very similar to the field I use.

jimj1010

School Cricketer
hey thanks man,
also if anyone can post any pics of 1 Rh batsman, 1 LH batsman, i'll try to edit it and post some good bowling tips.

so no chance of the ps2 version getting enhanced ha?
o well jus wait for the next release of ea sports, and enjoy this in the meanwhile.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
How about if they hit u on the offside?
I normaly put mid on and mid off deeper and a couple of extra covers and bowl between middle and off or outside off.
What line do u have to bowl for this field set?

jimj1010

School Cricketer
if i'm using a RHF bowler, to a RH Batsman i bowl around the wicket and bowl very close to the feet(leg side going into the legstump), so they wont hit me on the offside, they would try a leg glance or where i have the field in place and if they loft me over legside there is a deep cover.
If i miss the line the ball moves towards off stump, then i take the pace almost completly off and they lift it for a catch to one of the two fielders on the inner circle on the off side or they lift it straight back behind the bowler and again a catch.
After using this field i havent had a 4 go by, rarely a six, but mostly clean bowled, LBW or a catch.
For a LHBatsman, i do the same but bowl over the wicket w/ a RH bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread