Cricket 2002 online gameplay patch - Tips and Trick

R

Rangeela

Cricket 2002 online game play patch by Phil (zimrahil)

First of all I was anxiously waiting for this patch. I knew this patch would turn out to be one of the best. My expectations were very high. Tell you the truth; Phil didn?t disappoint me at all. This patch has fulfilled what I had expected.
This patch includes CPU stroke selection, which a CPU batsman will play almost all the yokers and easily get a boundary. Cpu batsman does manage to post a huge total for human player to chase and also defend a good total by human player very easily. New field settings and seam and spinning movement in bowling have really challenging.
I don?t need to say much about it, I am sure you guys have seen all these after playing with the patch.
It took me 3 hours of continuous playing with a patch to get use to it. I have gathered a couple of tips and tricks for the patch which I like to share it with you all.

Batting

Human batting has been really difficult after having new field settings. Also now you would have to really time the shot in order to get a boundary.

? If a CPU bowls a short ball, play a straight drive shot with a back foot using power boost and it will easily goes for six. If you are fraction short in timing than it will either goes for four or you will be catch out. Trust me timing is really important.
? With spinners, if spinner bowls a yoker or a good length ball try using reverse sweep and if the outfield is fast you will get a boundary.
? With Fast or medium pacers, on a good length delivery try hitting it on the gaps. Don?t use the power boost unless if you really feel that you can time it perfect. With a new field setting for fast and medium pacers you will easily get 2 to 3 runs hitting towards the gap, specially straight and square drive.

Bowling

I know in past almost everyone has bowled yoker to the CPU batsman to get him bowled but in this CPU batsman will play almost every yoker.

? With fast bowlers, do not attempt to bowl short at all. CPU will hit those for fours. Try bowling a good length or yoker deliveries with a minimum speed as possible. Make sure you are aiming the off stump or middle stump when bowling a slowest ball. If the ball is aiming at middle stump the batsman will get bowled with the slow delivery. If it is towards off stump it will be caught behind or bowled. If you pitch to the leg stump the CPU batsman will easily pick up single.
So no short balls, and slowest delivery when attempting good length or a yoker.

? With medium pacers, Bowl from around the wicket. For right handed batsman bowl from right side and for left handed bowl from left side. Same rule should be used as for fast bowlers. No short balls, slowest deliveries, and attempt to deliver towards off or middle stumps.
? With Spinners, do not bowl short or yoker length. With yoker length deliveries the batsman will play a reverse sweep. Bowl from around the wicket. For right handed batsman bowl from right side and for left handed bowl from left side. Bowl the yoker length delivery toward leg side with the slowest delivery and you will get batsman bowled.

This is all I have gathered so far after playing it for 3 hours. I will try to come up with more tips and tricks for you guys soon. If you have any tips and tricks please share it with us.

PS: Thank you Phil for making a mind-blowing patch.

S

sangamm

[color=#000000:post_uid1]amazing phil thanks a lot
This works great on Med level too[/color]

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cpu aggressiveness has vastly improved. Like the one in the screen shot. The cpu batsman looking to come down the pitch but then played a reverse sweep.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
guys
thanks for the positive comments so far :)

However, I know the patch is far from perfect, and I am certain there are some people out there who think certain aspects could be improved or altered etc.

Therefore if anybody has any suggestions or comments on how they think things can be improved, then best post your thoughts here. This being the case, then if I can find the time, an update will be released.

Also has anybody tried playing 10 or 20 over ODI's using the default pacing files ? If so, how have you found it ?

Thanks

S

sonic

Zim, where can i get your patch? I'd like to give it a go if i may. :P

S

sangamm

[color=#000000:post_uid14]download it from c2k2 online[/color]

J

jonah

Hey sonic, showing your age there with your Sugarhill Gang quote :;): .

R

Rangeela

Hi,

There are certain things that can be improved in the patch
1. sixes from back foot its really easy to hit. If a fast bowler is bowling a short delivery you can easily hit those for six with a back foot.
2. The ball bounces alot and if you just play a straight drive without using a power boost you will easily get a boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread