Cricket 2002 Online Gameplay Patch

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid14'>I have finally completed my Cricket 2002 Online gameplay patch. Special thanks must go to jonah, who assisted in creating some of the files and to Shailesh who helped tested them all :)

The files have just been sent to ritwik for him to upload to Cricket 2002 Online in the next few days.

Below is a summary of what the patch will do :

-patch made for ODI's only when playing on the HARD level
-improved CPU stroke selection
-better pacing by CPU in 50 over ODI's - no more constant slogging by the CPU in the last 10 overs etc
-CPU now likely to bat out 10,20 and maybe even some 50 over ODI's
-satisfactory amount of edges (mainly in the slip cordon)
-the ugly looking latecut shot replaced with the reverse sweep
-6 hit shots now carry a higher degree of risk. Only very well timed 6 hit shots will go for 4 or 6
-revised stroke direction/height for a number of shots
-all new default field settings for all bowlers. This is to enhance the enjoyment of human batting as the major areas of scoring are now more frequently blocked
-more speed for CPU BOWLERS ONLY. Human bowling speeds remain as default
-more seam movement
-amount of spin increased
-amount of swing movement decreased to make it look more realistic

I hope you all find the patch to be enjoyable and realistic.

zimrahil

p.s. talking about realism, a little tip. I have done what I used to do in BLC, and made the "hands" properties of all players to be "poor". I now find fielders will occasionally drop catches, but also their fielding in general is not as good. Ie, they fumble more when picking the ball up, or when diving to stop the ball the ball gets away from them slightly etc. I highly recommend doing it, as for me the gameplay experience is enhanced and it looks more realistic. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but give it a go :)</span>

S

sonic

Zim this sounds very good. This could be the gameplay patch everyone's been waiting for, well done mate and thanks for the hard work, I look forward to trying it out very soon :;):

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Thankx Zim

You have quoted that it will improve cpu batting, but that is not necessary for online play as batting for both the sides will be controled by us. So i've to say it as a Realistic gameplay patch rather than online gameplay patch. :h:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
lol kar_rnd

but who's to say you couldn't play online games where you both bowl to the cpu instead, especially in 10 and 20 over matches :;):

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Definitely ur right. Though currently we are not playing as u said , it may be tried in the future.

K

killa_stiky2002

Well I actually thought at first it was an IP>IP online patch. I was shocked :but///: :o
But I wrong LOL. But I really want a patch that just increases edges to slip and CPU bowling speeds in Test matches. It was so much fun in BLC to see Walsh running up to bowl, first ball at his home ground Jamaica, edge to first slip, and for a 1999 game it looked pretty life-like :ch::

R

Rangeela

but who's to say you couldn't play online games where you both bowl to the cpu instead, especially in 10 and 20 over matches :;):
not a bad idea since cpu batsman does manage to post a realistic total on the board :P

S

sangamm

[color=#000000:post_uid14]i have uploaded an updated version of this patch..
features new kits ,music etc

.::Download Now::.
Size:15MB
Click Here
You need to unzip the contentsWinRar

:cool:[/color]

Insha

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid7]The patch is really good.But some of the problems are:-
1.)There are too many edges.
2.)All shots are not easy to play.
3.)Sixes are totally removed.
4.)The pull shot must be improved.Earlier the pull shot was really power full.Now it is power less.
5.)There should be more sixes.[/color]

harsh

School Cricketer
hey sangamm can you give us details of whats in the updated patch?

I dont want to download 15 MB without knowing what it is ?

Does it update the gameplay or just add other things

zifajee

School Cricketer
Zimhrill
Your patch is quite nice .I really liked it.The only shortcoming I faced that I am not facing sppedy deliveries of fast bowlers .
You should prepare 10 and 20 overs patch as well because not every person have enough time to play full 50 overs.Overall very good effort.Hope things will be improved in next version.
bye

S

sangamm

[color=#000000:post_uid14]my enhancement patch adds not updates....
new kits,menu music...worth download[/color]

R

Rangeela

The patch is really good.But some of the problems are:-

3.)Sixes are totally removed.
5.)There should be more sixes.

You can easily get sixes in this patch

if a bowler delivers a short ball play a straight drive with a back foot using power boost
and if it is a good length delivery play a front foot drive towards leg side using power boost and trust me you will get sixes
but timing has to be perfect :P

Insha

School Cricketer
Hey sangamm just give some more details abut your 15mb patch.

Users who are viewing this thread