Gameplay patch - in development

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jonah, Shailesh and myself are currently working on a gameplay patch, much like what was done for BLC.

Our aims quite simply are to achieve the following : (ODI 50 overs only)

-increased speed when bowling (probably cpu bowlers only) can get human bowling to be faster but it doesn't look right in the game
-slight increase of seam and spin. Cannot be increased too much othewise CPU batsman cannot cope
-the right amount of edges. Too many will result in neither cpu or human batting out the 50 overs
-hopefully improved stroke selection by cpu
-cpu still predominantly sweeps yorkers (to prevent those who like bowling yorkers all time from doing so and thus encourage more varied bowling from human)
-slight adjustments to power and direction of shots for more realism.
-increased bounce off pitch for most pitch types
-hopefully more realistic pacing of innings by cpu.

All of this is subject to change and could take weeks rather than days, but this is the plan.
Managed to achieve this in BLC, but as the gamplay is worse in c2k2, getting the same desired results may prove more difficult.

Cheers
zim (& Shailesh & Jonah)

R

Rangeela

Good news.. I certainly will be waiting keenly for the patch :P

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Our aims quite simply are to achieve the following : (ODI 50 overs only)
Why 50 overs? Most of us play 10 or 20 overs odi? Can u guys make it for the later. Good luck!

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
This certainly seems a great project. I am waiting with anticipation for the release of this patch. Good luck Zim, Jonah and Shailesh, come up with a great patch!

S

sonic

great work guys...i hope you can really make this a great patch...its about time someone made a really good gameplay patch...i look forward to your developments...keep it up :P :;):

U

UnderTaker

zim has done a great job by providing excellentenhncement patches for blc. hope that this patch for c2002 will be as good as the previos.

thanx
UnderTaker

Users who are viewing this thread