CPU stroke patch (yorker mod) - patch has been released

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys.

My CPU Stroke batting patch (yorker mod) has now been uploaded onto the following site : Cricket Gaming Zone

The patch will hopefully do the following :

-much harder to get easy wickets by bowling continual yorkers
-CPU will sweep many yorker length deliveries and score runs off it (as opposed to original setup whereby cpu would defend or get bowled by yorkers)
-I know sweeping yorkers is unrealistic, but we have to work within the confines of the programming. The games producer has admitted that (for humans at any rate) the sweep is the only productive attacking shot to yorkers
-better shot selection by the cpu
-timing of shots is now of more importance (applies to both human and CPU). Only well timed shots (whether using boost or not) will reach the fence.
-shot power, height and direction has been altered for many shots (thanks to jonah for some of these). If these are undesirable, then use Sriram's stroke editor to alter them as required.

The patch has been released under my real name, Phil Smith

Note these files have only been tested on 50 over ODI's on the HARD level.

I have sent the files to Cricket 2002 Online also.

I am also working on some generic default fields to make human batting more challenging whilst we wait for a good field editor

Cheers
zim

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Great Work Zim......

Now after a long time the computer player is not a donkey wjho always used to get out on yorkers.... But I liked it that way.(Atleast the computer got out very quickly)

anand99

School Cricketer
hi zim

I have sent you some further comments on the fielding. The area square off the wicket somewhere between thirdman and deep point needs to better guarded. With leftarrow+backfoot stroke you can send almost all short pitched balls to the boundary. I was wondering if we can do something about this stroke or adjust the field setting so that a boundary is not given every time.

Users who are viewing this thread