Opinion on the women's game how well have Big Ant included the female side of the sport.

• Thread starter Deleted member 46200
  • Start date

Have you played the women's game (Any format)

• Total voters

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I assume that league is your countries domestic league I hope you find the actual gameplay okay and different from the generic problems... It should deliver a different gaming experience the men's game.
It definitely does, thats the reason I really like BA including the other version of cricket bringing in whole new perspective to the same game of cricket.. The boundaries, the pace, the running everything feels different version altogether...

Should actually give it more time to see what could be improved in that side of the game..

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By any chance, here is a slider settings for more realistic women's match! Please give it a playtest. Try with medium bat, hard bowl and hardest fielding, with overall Pro difficulties! Thank you!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I applaud it. Being honest I think commercially it doesn't offer a huge amount, and it adds a huge amount of work... but it was the right thing to do. It starts here and grows - it already feels a different experience. It could have been added as a token gesture, but they took it really seriously and it adds a huge amount IMO.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
It could have been added as a token gesture, but they took it really seriously and it adds a huge amount IMO.

I honestly think adding schoolboy cricket would be a good idea.

Could work as a training mode for new players. Could add an extra perceptual yardstick in terms of making the quickest bowlers seem genuinely quick - 90mph pace/bounce would prob be much emphasised if you've batted through some u-15 level "quicks" where the keeper is only 10 yards back and they can barely get the ball head high.

D

Deleted member 46200

I applaud it. Being honest I think commercially it doesn't offer a huge amount, and it adds a huge amount of work... but it was the right thing to do. It starts here and grows - it already feels a different experience. It could have been added as a token gesture, but they took it really seriously and it adds a huge amount IMO.
You are right they could have just alluded to basic tokenism but having the licenced Women's ashes shows commitment.

D

Deleted member 46200

Could work as a training mode for new players. Could add an extra perceptual yardstick in terms of making the quickest bowlers seem genuinely quick - 90mph pace/bounce would prob be much emphasised if you've batted through some u-15 level "quicks" where the keeper is only 10 yards back and they can barely get the ball head high.
Actually a good idea but not sure how low we go maybe some cricket around the 15 mark or pertaining to the same story as Fifa with Alex Hunter? Just to say this will work for both sexes and this could be a key element in the development of your player.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I suggest 15 because I reckon that must be doable with existing graphics assets. In DBC14 you could create a midget player who looked about 15.

Plus, boys u.15 = full size ball on a full size wicket. Younger than u.15 usually means shorter wickets, would prob need to resize in the game. U.15 would only need shorter boundaries.

D

Deleted member 46200

I suggest 15 because I reckon that must be doable with existing graphics assets. In DBC14 you could create a midget player who looked about 15.

Plus, boys u.15 = full size ball on a full size wicket. Younger than u.15 usually means shorter wickets, would prob need to resize in the game. U.15 would only need shorter boundaries.
We could go and implement Milo Kanga cricket and this will be a good start to development... ? Maybe too far.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I played it early, dunno if it improved with patches but my main impression the lack of carry was a big spoiler.

The different pace was excellent and tough to adjust to, but the lack of carry was a big minus

Chief

Panel of Selectors

+1 for this. I'd love a mode where you can just start at school level and go all the way. I think Madden had something like that one year and it was really interesting. You had to take theory tests and stuff. Super interesting.

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Sad fact of our modern world Number 47: If they had called it Womens Bikini Cricket Mode it would have went down a storm with all the adolescents. Pity as it's another legitimate way of playing this great sport of cricket, if guys would give it a chance the different challenge is worth playing. Wish more people would open their eyes and give it a shot. Kudos to Big Ant for supporting it.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Sad fact of our modern world Number 47: If they had called it Womens Bikini Cricket Mode it would have went down a storm with all the adolescents. Pity as it's another legitimate way of playing this great sport of cricket, if guys would give it a chance the different challenge is worth playing. Wish more people would open their eyes and give it a shot. Kudos to Big Ant for supporting it.

Weirdly people misread the young these days. On the whole they are much changed. It's 30 and 40 somethings that are still into that old rubbish. :)

D

Deleted member 46200

Little boys are more into 'themselves' (metrosexual)... How would I shine a ball in a bikini? However, let's thing about the raw differences.[DOUBLEPOST=1529443849][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you created yourself in the game?
I have.[DOUBLEPOST=1529443964][/DOUBLEPOST]
Weirdly people misread the young these days. On the whole they are much changed. It's 30 and 40 somethings that are still into that old rubbish. :)
I am always misunderstood...

rex007king

Club Cricketer
I've played Women Career in both Ashes2017 as well as DBC17. My personal favourite Batting 1Down with Sarah Taylor in Ashes.
It is great that BA have included the Women Career too in the games. Even EA doesn't attempt Women Career in FIFA.

Ashes Women Career is cut down version, even many bowling animations were missing for the Girls.
I was happy they didn't slowed it down to the level of DBC17 Women version, where the Ball lands twice before reaching the Batter.
With better animations, player models and presentation the uniqueness of the Women Cricket can be improved.
But before that BA must fix the various Game systems and design.

Users who are viewing this thread