Pakistan to play Scotland in June

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It has been announced that Pakistan will visit Scotland to play 2 ODIs in June 2006, prior to their tour of England.

The games will be played on the 22nd and 24th of June. Two grounds in Glasgow are pencilled in, subject to ICC approval. These are Titwood and Hamilton Crescent, which hosted the first ever football international!

That's good news for Scotland. Hopefully it will attract some crowd there.

Glasgow again. I guess most of the Pakistani community are over there but it would still be nice to have one of the games in Edinburgh.
Lets see if we can nearly beat them like last time...

The grounds may end up falling just short of the ICCs size regulations. The Grange has no such problem, as it's already ICC approved.

I didn't know Pakistani people live in Glasgow. Are they as big in numbers as in for example London or Birmingham?

Not as many as London but then again London has twice the population of Scotland in it.
2001 census figures:

Glasgow
Total: 577,860
Pakistani: 15,330 (2.65%)
Indian: 4,173 (0.75%)
(total non-white = 5.4%)

London
Total: 7,172,091
Indian: 436,993 (6%)
Pakistani: 142,749 (1.99%)
Bangladeshi: 153,893 (2.14%)
Total Asian: 733,635 (10.22%)

Birmingham
" As of 2001 29.7% of the city's population is made up of ethnic minority communities. Amongst the largest minority communities: 10.6% of Birmingham residents are Pakistani, 5.7% are Indian, 6.1% are Black Carribean or African, and 2.9% are of mixed race."

Therefore in terms of percentage it's higher than London and second only to Birmingham.

Tell you what would be good, Ireland england and Scotland in the Natwest series :p.

On topic, I hope Scotland win. There teams not bad.

Seeing from these numbers, there are still a lot of Pakistani people in Glasgow. Didn't know that. And a lot of Asians in London too. :eek: I knew there were many, but not that much.

Pakistan should be really carefull then not to lose against Scotland, especially in their current form.

Thats good news for Scotland. Will the Scotish have all these random internationals or actually players from Scotland?

aussie1st said:
Thats good news for Scotland. Will the Scotish have all these random internationals or actually players from Scotland?
They're official ODIs, so all players must be eligible to play for Scotland.

Oh thats good then, at least we know if they beat Pak it will be with their own players. Lets see what Colin's country has cricket wise. :)

Users who are viewing this thread