Patel vs Jones

Worst International Keeper?

• Total voters

squiz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which of these two keepers do you think takes the honours of worst International wicket keeper in the past 5 years?

pal

International Coach
I would say both equally crap, but I went for Jones, considering that Patel has played a couple of match-saving innings and to my knowledge, Jones has not been that effective in close games.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know Patel. And I think you just made this poll because Jones missed a stumping. I chose the last option.

brad352

Executive member
squiz said:
Which of these two keepers do you think takes the honours of worst International wicket keeper in the past 5 years?
In terms of keeping alone, Patel is/was absolutely terrible- Jones is the less bad of the two, a dubious honour

I don't know Patel. And I think you just made this poll because Jones missed a stumping. I chose the last option.
And about 15 other reasons in 18 matches or something stupid like that, maybe someone could enlighten me on the exact figure

squiz

International Coach
Missed 2 stumpings, and dropped about 10 catches in his test career so far. In 18 matches that is just totally unacceptable

pal

International Coach
I think his wicketkeeping was fairly acceptable in the beginning, but against the Aussies he just missed a lot of easy catches, costing India key wickets and matches.

Sureshot

Executive member
Hardly an easy catch considering where the sun was. He wouldn't have seen it. Jones has done well batting, Test hundred vs New Zealand, plenty of good knocks in ODIs. Batted well yesterday, But his keeping is questionable, but he is being taught by Russell is one of the greatest keepers (for keeping ability) in the game. He'll learn and has improved.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I have no problem with his batting, it has saved England many a time. But as you say his keeping is questionable, are you sure he pays attention to Russel? :p

Users who are viewing this thread