PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

OK, for all of those who are saying that changing the ball piched in the last moment is fair then how is it fair? The lags in online play makes it not difficut but impossible to play. When you pitch the ball, it stucks in the air for 1 second, but during that freeze, you are able to move your bowling marker but cannot move your batsman. If the ball is pitched in line with the stump then its good but if its moved wide off stump then you are doomed and there goes the dot ball. Changing the type of delivery at the last second it not unfair. You can surely change the inswinger to an outswinger, thats why you have to confirm the delivery before you bowl. If the game worked without any lag then it would be ok to change the line of delivery at the last moment but with lag it is unfair especially for those who play using the keyboard. No mater how well you argue, it will always be unfair with the lag around.

Yeah if there is a lag then its not fair.

i agree with msdhoni.

90% of the time i experience lagging. so it makes it really hard for me to play when the opposition is constantly changing the position of the bowling cursor.

in one match i played, the guy used to pitch the ball wayyy outside off stamp and i would get ready to play some offside shot. but right after the lag i would find that, the cursor is right on the line of the stamp, and it is already too late to change the shot direction so i end up playing all over it and get bowled or lbw.

OK, for all of those who are saying that changing the ball piched in the last moment is fair then how is it fair? The lags in online play makes it not difficut but impossible to play. When you pitch the ball, it stucks in the air for 1 second, but during that freeze, you are able to move your bowling marker but cannot move your batsman. If the ball is pitched in line with the stump then its good but if its moved wide off stump then you are doomed and there goes the dot ball. Changing the type of delivery at the last second it not unfair. You can surely change the inswinger to an outswinger, thats why you have to confirm the delivery before you bowl. If the game worked without any lag then it would be ok to change the line of delivery at the last moment but with lag it is unfair especially for those who play using the keyboard. No mater how well you argue, it will always be unfair with the lag around.

You must have a bad connection, there is absolutly no lag for me when I play unless I am playing people in Oz or India.

Changing the cursor is part of the game, if lag is that big a problem then maybe playing online is not for you. Do you experience lag even when you play others in the US? who is your ISP?

^^ Yeah i dont experience lags too often. May be 1 out of 10 times.

You must have a bad connection, there is absolutly no lag for me when I play unless I am playing people in Oz or India.

Changing the cursor is part of the game, if lag is that big a problem then maybe playing online is not for you. Do you experience lag even when you play others in the US? who is your ISP?

No, there are only 2 matches I played where there was a lag. My games work perfectly and smooth. But those 2 matches I've played, both used the moving trick and there i figured out that its impossible to play that way in a lag. Also, its not just the only way you can beat your opponent. It is rediculous to take advantage of the lag and win. I would rather not play than doing this. What is so fun in bowling that way anyways? I won both of those matches anyways but it was ennoying. I was bowled more than 15 no balls in the same match. In one match, I restricted the other guy to 56/10 in 20 overs and he bowled over 15 no balls. He gave me 80% of the runs using no balls. Any point? You can argue as much as you want but it is always going to be unfair.

i agree with msdhoni.

90% of the time i experience lagging. so it makes it really hard for me to play when the opposition is constantly changing the position of the bowling cursor.

in one match i played, the guy used to pitch the ball wayyy outside off stamp and i would get ready to play some offside shot. but right after the lag i would find that, the cursor is right on the line of the stamp, and it is already too late to change the shot direction so i end up playing all over it and get bowled or lbw.
Had a 10 over match with awace, I batted first and he did the same cursor trick started from way outside off and change at the last moment to the line of the stump, I lost two wickets because of this , but from then just played straight and scored 60+ in 5 overs then he changed his tactics bowled all bouncers to the batsman face, beleive me guys all 30 deliveries he owled bouncers,I end up with 118 in 10 overs, when he came to bat he took 60 in 8 overs loosing 8 wickets and he quit, what a looser.

No, there are only 2 matches I played where there was a lag. My games work perfectly and smooth. But those 2 matches I've played, both used the moving trick and there i figured out that its impossible to play that way in a lag. Also, its not just the only way you can beat your opponent. It is rediculous to take advantage of the lag and win. I would rather not play than doing this. What is so fun in bowling that way anyways? I won both of those matches anyways but it was ennoying. I was bowled more than 15 no balls in the same match. In one match, I restricted the other guy to 56/10 in 20 overs and he bowled over 15 no balls. He gave me 80% of the runs using no balls. Any point? You can argue as much as you want but it is always going to be unfair.

I'm sorry but I really don't know what you're talking about. You say that you experience no lag (except on 2 occasions), that means that most of the time you can play without lag so even if someone does move the cursor around, it shouldn't be a problem since he's not taking advantage of the lag...since as you state, you don't experience lag.
When there is a significant lag, batting is near unplaybale, period. Even if the cursor is not moving. When there's a slight lag, the cursor ratehr than moving around, jumps around a bit, however I've played a few matches like this, have scored around 50 runs in 5 overs, which in my opinion is not a disadvantage to batsmen.

Perhaps you mean it's unfair since you can't whack every ball out of the ground that way?

I'm sorry but I really don't know what you're talking about. You say that you experience no lag (except on 2 occasions), that means that most of the time you can play without lag so even if someone does move the cursor around, it shouldn't be a problem since he's not taking advantage of the lag...since as you state, you don't experience lag.
When there is a significant lag, batting is near unplaybale, period. Even if the cursor is not moving. When there's a slight lag, the cursor ratehr than moving around, jumps around a bit, however I've played a few matches like this, have scored around 50 runs in 5 overs, which in my opinion is not a disadvantage to batsmen.

Perhaps you mean it's unfair since you can't whack every ball out of the ground that way?

Well i also played few matches where there was a lag in my batting. It was becoz of my opponent's net connection. In one of the matches i lost 3 wkts in the first over. Then after that i watched the ball and timed it perfectly with the ball still lagging. I managed to get 61 runs in 5 overs and then bowled the other guy out on 0. The only guy who doesnt move the cursor is the AI. :D

First of all, I don't have much problems with people moving cursors but it is unfair. even if it lags a little, it still makes the cursor look as if it jumped from a bouncer to a yorker, wide off stump to pitched in line with middle stump, etc. If you really think that is it fair then put this as your signature. "I use the technique of changing the bowling cursor at the last moment" and we'll see how many people want to play you from this forum. You will barely get anyone to play a match with and its not because they fear your bowling but because they want to have a fair match. Most of the people here can't run the game smoothly. On me not being able to smash the ball, let me tell you, I can beat almost anyone. Ask those who played me so far. If you want to see how many balls I can smash then we should have a match later on.

Well i also played few matches where there was a lag in my batting. It was becoz of my opponent's net connection. In one of the matches i lost 3 wkts in the first over. Then after that i watched the ball and timed it perfectly with the ball still lagging. I managed to get 61 runs in 5 overs and then bowled the other guy out on 0. The only guy who doesnt move the cursor is the AI.

Look, if the game is perfect and running smooth then its ok to bowl any way but since most of the people can't run the game smoothly, it is unfair to use changing cursors at the last moment. All you see is the ball jump to another position and you don't have the time to move your batsman back or forward. There are many other ways to trick people. In most of my matches, people don't score over 30-35 runs. only reno99 was able to go over this and no one else. Maybe Anvesh did too.

played one of the best matches online. I set a target of 47 runs against this guy Shaun. He was 45/2 in 3.2 overs. And he finished at 45/7 after 5 overs. I won by 1 run.:banana2

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

First of all, I don't have much problems with people moving cursors but it is unfair. even if it lags a little, it still makes the cursor look as if it jumped from a bouncer to a yorker, wide off stump to pitched in line with middle stump, etc. If you really think that is it fair then put this as your signature. "I use the technique of changing the bowling cursor at the last moment" and we'll see how many people want to play you from this forum. You will barely get anyone to play a match with and its not because they fear your bowling but because they want to have a fair match. Most of the people here can't run the game smoothly. On me not being able to smash the ball, let me tell you, I can beat almost anyone. Ask those who played me so far. If you want to see how many balls I can smash then we should have a match later on.

Look, if the game is perfect and running smooth then its ok to bowl any way but since most of the people can't run the game smoothly, it is unfair to use changing cursors at the last moment. All you see is the ball jump to another position and you don't have the time to move your batsman back or forward. There are many other ways to trick people. In most of my matches, people don't score over 30-35 runs. only reno99 was able to go over this and no one else. Maybe Anvesh did too.

Yeah i just played against this guy shaun and it was lagging. Still i completed that game and as a reward i won that game by 1 run. :D

The point I'm trying to make is that, if there is no lag, it's not that much of an issue. If there's a lag, batting in itself is difficult. If a ball is delivered wide of offstump but jumps back to middle and leg stump, you can still play your original shot without hindrance, assuming you were going for any shot between point and straightish long off. Bringing the ball back into the batsman is only really worthwhile, if it moves back to leg stump and usually that is difficult to do from outside (difficult to do it successfully). So I don't really see the problem. Like I said, you should back yourself to play your shot even if he moves the cursor. Secondly 'predicting' where he will move it also adds another layer to the game and I'm pretty sure if Lee does bowl a 95 mph good length ball outside offstump, Younis Khan would have premeditated a little to hit it over extra cover for 6! I really don't see how it is unfair. As most people have stated, as you yourself state, even with this perceived disadvantage, you are able to score at more than 10 an over. So what's the problem? You'll be happy scoring at 15 an over?

What is it about the act that you find unfair, how is it "not cricket"?

The point I'm trying to make is that with a little lag, it's not that difficult to judge the line of the delivery in the correct time. The lag makes it difficult to time, not that difficult to play the proper shot in time. Except on the odd occasion. So to deem it unfair is a bit silly and I would argue that it should be fundamental, since without it, the matches basically become slogfests (as if we really need one more thing in the batsman's favor).

Dabi added 7 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

played one of the best matches online. I set a target of 47 runs against this guy Shaun. He was 45/2 in 3.2 overs. And he finished at 45/7 after 5 overs. I won by 1 run

Close matches are really what makes one come back to the online experience. 5 over matches are fun in that sense that if they get completed, more often than nought one gets a close game. I myself lost on the second last ball in a match earlier. I scored like 33 or something, went down t the second last ball.

Last edited:
Really tried hard to have a good match with playkid, but his name literally means wat he does, I bowled him out under 110 in a 20 over match and he started with good bowling took 3 quick wickets, then I tried to build a partnership and was 24/4 in 5 overs by hittin him a six on freehit and some fours, then he started the cursor trick, I did'nt play last 5 batsman and let him win guess he is happy, take a look at how he bowled

He started way off stump, watch the bowler how close to bowl the delivery
3.png

and tada what a magic, bowled:facepalm
4.png

This is what me and 1nd1an (MSDhoni) were talkin about, I did'nt even have big lag in the game but the cursor disapered at the last moment, this is not fairplay dude

Last edited:
I am with Dabi here,

Moving the cursor has never affected me at all in terms of lag, even if there is a small amount of lag (ping 300) moving the cursor does not make it "jump" too much.

Really wish your tournament did not have that rule, would have loved to play in it, but I refuse to play in a match where the batsman knows where the ball will be before I even finish my run up, that is just not cricket

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Really tried hard to have a good match with playkid, but his name literally means wat he does, I bowled him out under 110 in a 20 over match and he started with good bowling took 3 quick wickets, then I tried to build a partnership and was 24/4 in 5 overs by hittin him a six on freehit and some fours, then he started the cursor trick, I did'nt play last 5 batsman and let him win guess he is happy, take a look at how he bowled

He started way off stump, watch the bowler how close to bowl the delivery
View attachment 61212

and tada what a magic, bowled:facepalm
View attachment 61213

This is what me and 1nd1an (MSDhoni) were talkin about, I did'nt even have big lag in the game but the cursor disapered at the last moment, this is not fairplay dude

no it is fair play, if you wait to decide what you want to do at the last second you can still play the correct shot, people do that to me all the time and I am able to change my mind in the last second and adjust my shot, much like in real life.

I am with Dabi here,

Moving the cursor has never affected me at all in terms of lag, even if there is a small amount of lag (ping 300) moving the cursor does not make it "jump" too much.

Really wish your tournament did not have that rule, would have loved to play in it, but I refuse to play in a match where the batsman knows where the ball will be before I even finish my run up, that is just not cricket

no it is fair play, if you wait to decide what you want to do at the last second you can still play the correct shot, people do that to me all the time and I am able to change my mind in the last second and adjust my shot, much like in real life.
I'm talking about every deliveries and its unplayable when fast bowler bowl at 100mpr, you cannot change your batting cursor in last moment.

I am with Dabi here,

Exactly. In real matches which bowler tells the batsman that i will bowl a bouncer or outside off stump? First of all people talk about getting a real match like experience and then they complain of moving the cursor thing.
Having all fielders on one side of the pitch is illegal. Thats called unfair play.

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

@reno you got bowled becoz you were busy making the screenshots of that delivery lol. :doh

Users who are viewing this thread