PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

cricketking10

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
just played sfaisal2 (think thats right)
he put me into bat i got 215/6 off my 20 overs

I then bowled him out for 16 :rtfl

Needless to say he quit at the final scoreboard so i dunno if it gets recorded, i'm fuming coz this has happened about 5 times now :mad:

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Sigh - then there's me, from the same country as you and obviously not a quitter, having sit here in an empty room because we can't connect to each other for no apparent reason but Transmission's poor net code (my port 9103 is open fine) :(

Frustration comes in many forms with AC2009.

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
cricketking he offered me a game and i declined, im glad i did now, i think its safest to just play pc members mate

do want to play me T20?

cricketking10

School Cricketer
cricketking he offered me a game and i declined, im glad i did now, i think its safest to just play pc members mate

do want to play me T20?

yeah i'm only gonna play planetcricket members from now on,

I can't now but i'll be around at the weekend and next week so i look forward to playing you at some point mate

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Ah it's cricketer112 (aka barmyarmyXI) I can definitely not connect to. cricketking10 is under that same username - don't think we can connect to each other though, if my memory/pessimism serves me.

I'm getting confused by all these similar usernames...

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
lol yeah its strange my internet is the dogs ballacks and i have a issue connecting to some people,

yeah im barmyarmyXI

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Just had a disconnect against Robo2k - he was 5/0 after 0.3 overs, having just hit a four when he dropped.

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
lol yeah its strange my internet is the dogs ballacks and i have a issue connecting to some people

That's because the two are unrelated - it's just got to be a fault at Transmission end IMO.

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

facy trying a game earl?

I believe it was your room I tried before mate and it didn't work then, hence my earlier post. I've got a game up now if you want to try the reserve.

EarlCG added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Cancel that - got booboobooman playing me, whoever he is.

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
ok give me a minute just rebooted the pc will connect now be about 2 mins

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

cant see you mate? is your username devsharma?

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

probably disc on you mate, have only completed one game against a randomer

cricketer112 added 17 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

am now playing rocky_pratik, hes a pc member isnt he?

cricketer112 added 14 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

hes using short extra cover!

cricketer112 added 4 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

129/4 off 7 overs - hope he doesent quit on me!

sunnykinger

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
gr8 match

just had a gr8 5 over match with gurubhai
i had to score 10 of the last over
and i dont know
the bowling was bad
as tht online play bug came into play
when the bowler bowls a ball i didnt see it

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 7

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
cant see you mate? is your username devsharma?

No - I'm Earl_CG on there too.

probably disc on you mate, have only completed one game against a randomer
He didn't actually - I can't immediately think of any disconnects I've had which I'd not more likely put down to connection issues. I just must be lucky in that respect at least.

Earl_CG (Aus) vs booboobooman (India) at Lords - booboobooman chose to bat first

Virtually a five over match this as it turned out. booboobooman (from now on refereed to as "b3m" ;o) ) can certainly time the ball against the fast bowlers and while he lofts basically all his attacking shots he was sensible about his shot placement. He had three main scoring areas (point, cover and midwicket) and with fielding restrictions allowing only two fielders allowed on the ropes, he just aimed for the one I didn't have a man protecting at that particular moment.

After taking around 12 off Lee's over (although I did drop one catch - it was one of the quicker outfield catches I've seen) and seeing how well he could time the fast bowler, on came. The effect was immediate; the first ball was a clean bowled, while he lobbed up two more catches which were held. I then brought Johnson on to change the pace again, but not helped by some fairly major no balling by myself. So McDonald came back on and immediately b3m took a suicidal single to deep mid on, before losing his off stump to another slower ball. There must have been another catch in that over too.

With him clearly struggling against the medium pace I wasn't going to play into his hands once again so Hopes came on and got two more including the third clean bowled of the innings. I then gave Siddle a chance to wrap things up, which he duly did with a catch at square leg off a bouncer and an outswinger edged to slip. From something like 40/3 after 3.0 overs, b3m was all out for 53 just 15 balls later.

His bowling was less impressive than his batting though. Firstly he bowled Harbhajan first up in an interesting move (must have had success with spin bowlers against AI or a newbie) and then he kept bowling on my legs with his seam bowlers, as much as he tried to disguise it with the cursor at times. The only chance he had was when I went for the big finish just four runs away from victory, but he spurned the catch at cover, leaving me to secure victory in a more scrappy manner.

T20booboobooman140809.jpg

A very comfortable win in the end, although not great for my bowling economy rate. I really wish there was a bowling averages stat (runs conceded/wickets).

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
roky pratik

made 270

he was 20/5 connection lost - this game is so frustrating

sorry rocky may well have been innocent disc but i will definately not be playing you again

Users who are viewing this thread