PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
mate ive had more discs than i care to remembr and its usually after ive made 200+ and they are struggling like mad like 5 or 6 down, someone even did it to me at 9 down just as the last wicket fell, codemasters need to sort this problem out, only the_gas and stevie i can play with 100% confidence that the game wont disconnect

cricketer112 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

oh and cricketking

cricketer112 added 8 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

.......and again

was 34/1 off 1.4 overs

"sunnykinger" is the culprit - dont play him

sunnykinger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i was playing a match
with barry
suddenly game crashed
i just wanted to say sorry to him

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
oh hey - youre a member of pc, i thought it was another randomer quitting

ok mate i will give you the benefot of the doubt that it was a honest disc

but i will not play you again if youre internet is not too good;)

sunnykinger

Club Captain
what to say man
i dont know why my game stucks and sometimes it just crashes

sunnykinger added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

i didnt quit the game
it crashed
u can check my posts here
many times it has happen to me

whit5

School Cricketer
Just played Ricco_M, cheers for the game bit one sided like!! that was my first game ever on it (hence all the drop catches), kinda thought batting would of been easy but it was well hard against you :( well played, I best play against the AI to improve a bit!

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just played Ricco_M, cheers for the game bit one sided like!! that was my first game ever on it (hence all the drop catches), kinda thought batting would of been easy but it was well hard against you :( well played, I best play against the AI to improve a bit!

Cheers for the game mate you bowled very well for your 1st game - BTW I'm not very good at this game unlike a few of the other PC members.

The game would of been different If you held your catches and I would of been in real problems. ..I lost count after your 10th drop :P Are you pressing the right button mate? That wicket was rock hard too - did you see the bounce even Benn got?

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I think I must have been right about Nickster - that was as smooth of silk this time, so he must have had a download running or something similar during out last game to cause it to be so laggy and drop.

Earl_CG (Aus) vs Nickster09 (Eng)

This was exactly the game my bowling economy stat needed after my previous. He basically struggled from ball one, although ball two saw the first wicket fall as flicked the cursor back in line and Lee hit middle stump while Bopara tried to play a square drive. It was basically a procession from then on:
  • KP then sent a catch which was such a dolly that cover didn't have to move.
  • Shah was run out taking a single to Point
  • Flintoff was caught at Point off McDonald
  • Strauss was run out trying to take a single to cover
  • Mascheranas was caught behind off Lee
  • Ambrose & Collingwood both took suicidal runs and barely made it halfway down the pitch before Symonds hit the stumps running in from gully.
  • Anderson & Sidebottom fell LBW off Johnson - I'd already hit his pad in front twice earlier in the innings but they'd both been going down legside.

If that hasn't told you enough, five of his ten runs were extras; 4 wides (2 for height, one legside, one offside) and a no ball (off which two of his other runs came - I hit the stumps on the free hit)

Of the few deliveries I saw he seemed to be a much better bowler than he was a batsmen, although I didn't play particularly well (not a single boundary). It still took me just took 7 balls to reach my meagre target though.

Still - credit to the guy that he saw the game right to it's conclusion (he even seemed agonize over who to choose to bowl the second over).

Unfortunately I've managed to forget to paste the screenshot into GIMP before using clipboard in this post - boo :(. 10 all out off around 6 overs though replied with 11/0 off 1.1.

EarlCG added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

what to say man
    i dont know why my game stucks and sometimes it just crashes

sunnykinger added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

i didnt quit the game
    it crashed
    u can check my posts here
    many times it has happen to me

Mate - I appreciate it's not your fault that you've got a technical issue, but you really need to sort that out. If you're aware there's a high chance you're not going to make it through a game then it's not the best form to keep joining them/setting them up.

Last edited:

whit5

School Cricketer
Cheers for the game mate you bowled very well for your 1st game - BTW I'm not very good at this game unlike a few of the other PC members.

The game would of been different If you held your catches and I would of been in real problems. ..I lost count after your 10th drop :P Are you pressing the right button mate? That wicket was rock hard too - did you see the bounce even Benn got?

Cheers Mate, If your not very good - god knows how good the others are ;)

Im not sure what button it is to be honest, Im got the xbox 360 controller for PC, yeah the wicket was rock hard! I'll have to have you another game when I'm got a bit better :)

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Looking for one last game tonight if anybody's interested. It's set up on there now.

EarlCG added 10 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Ok - that was really weird. I was 18/0 after two overs against IS_Leon when we had the game freeze on us with both of us still connected.

On the first ball of the third over we had the "bowler hit the wicket on run up" bug and it did it's thing of getting confused before eventually incrementing the ball.

However, on the next ball it hung after the bowlers release as if was lag. However it clearly wasn't lag, not just because we hadn't had any till that point, but also because IS_Leon was still there moving his cursor around randomly. However the game was well and truely stuck and IL_Leon sensibly quit after waiting a good 30 or 40 seconds (I couldn't give him any indication I was still there beyond not quitting first).

T20IS_Leon140809firstfreeze.jpg

EarlCG added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Still looking for that final game then...

Last edited:

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
IS_Leon came back. He was 54/7 after around 13.5 oves when the game froze as a throw was coming in from wide third man. There was more lag this game than the previous, so it may have gone out of sync (Some of the batsmen's running was a bit odd at times) If, on the other hand, it was a problem at my end that is the first crash I've personally had with AC2009 (I've also had a very minor graphics driver glitch), although it wasn't a crash to desktop as I say; it was a freeze like the previous game, except thee no way of telling if IS_Leon was still there this time as the shot had been played and the ball was in the field, so no cursor (plus he was batting anyway). I had to exit the game by ending the process in Task Manager.

If we could finish a game, he seems to potentially be one of the better players I've played against of late as he wasn't quite so aggressive. He did drag a couple of slower balls from the medium pacers on to his stumps though, and should have been runout from point about three times if the computer had put one of my better fielders there - he picked up about five overthrows from his attempt at hitting the stumps at the non-strikers end.

Anyway, that'll do me for the night.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Any one keen in a 20/20? Going online now. Especially fellow Kiwis and Aussies! I imagine the rest of the world is tucked up in bed right now:D Come on, it's lonely in the main lobby!!:)

mannu

Associate Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok - that was really weird. I was 18/0 after two overs against IS_Leon when we had the game freeze on us with both of us still connected.

T20IS_Leon140809firstfreeze.jpg

EarlCG added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...
Similar thing happened to me yesterday with IS_Leon.Codies have to do something with the Bowler hitting the stumps bug and this increasing no of freezing.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
Hey any one free to play a game on line? Please host. :)

Users who are viewing this thread