PC MutliPlayer Match Up Thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
That's a shame. Just played playkid in a 10 over game and the connection was pretty laggy before my game froze.
Bit annoying as I had him 9/6 off 3 overs...

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-18 15-41-08-42.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-18 15-41-08-42.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6

bigfootlewis

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Against a decent player then spinners are a bad idea fall stop; their ideal length is just too full and if the batsmen is prepared to use his feet then you're in trouble.

I totally agree with you - spinners are easy both to slog and work away for 2s and 3s. What I was trying to work out is whether bowling them earlier, when the batsmen are unsettled, is a good way to limit damage and pick up a few wickets. What I've found is it is somewhat successful - I haven't had any 20+ overs early on, but the opening overs are more effectively used by your fastest bowlers as they are hardest to adjust to.

International Coach
sandsaims is a quitter big time.
He bowled me out for 96 in a 20 over match. And when he was batting he is going great but suddenly when he was on his way to victory i took 5 quick wicket and won the match by 4 runs. When the game ended and the it's the time to press enter so that data get saved he quits. :rtfl

wtf ru talking???i never quit on anyone so far!!!and if i remember correctly u r the guy who keeps bowling extremely short with spinners and medium bowlers using the lag tht was thr to ur advantage.

Last edited:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
you quit after i won the match mate. I hope it was a genuine connection problem?

thanks for completing that game. Remember rocky_g? :D

boney_g added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Played a 5 over game against one random guy :banana2 I was south africa

1juk9h.jpg

I have to create matches in order to play but i cant invite my friends. :doh

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

wtf ru talking???i never quit on anyone so far!!!and if i remember correctly u r the guy who keeps bowling extremely short with spinners and medium bowlers using the lag tht was thr to ur advantage.

You can still hit them for sixes. ;) I have played 10-12 matches so far and all of them were completed. In the last one i needed 26 runs to win in the last over with 3 wkts in hand. I scored 22 in first 4 balls and then my net disconnected. :doh

Last edited:

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How do you come to know when some one quits after the game is ended? I think it happened with me after the last match I won,because the statistics did not get updated. :noway

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Just beat Vimal205050 in a 10 over ranked match. At first I wasn't overly impressed by him choosing the Transmissions Games XI rather than a normal team. I haven't chosen one of the special XI's against a normal team since my very first online match. I was England btw.

He batted first and looked set for a massive total after Gayle took 20 from one Broad. But once I brought Luke Wright on he became rather clueless and collapsed from 40 odd for 2 to 63 all out - which included 6/7 run outs! Fair play to him sticking with the game especially as I raced to 34-1 from the first 3 overs, but I wasn't impressed by his bowling/ field tactics once the powerplays were over.

On came Yuvraj Singh (iirc) who bowled wide outside off stump to this field:

Cricket20092009-08-1816-12-48-51.jpg

How sporting!! He had bowled the first couple short, but must have got a shock when I slogged them through midwicket for 4. So he refined his bowling to make it impossible for me to hit it through the leg side. And just to show it wasn't just for that over, he then bowled to a slightly refined (and imo even harder) field with Ntini a couple of overs late, the over inbetween having seen me use a powerplay:

Cricket20092009-08-1816-16-13-06.jpg

Luckily for me, the idiot left a nice big gap at extra cover so I just kept hitting singles through there, which twice turned into fours due to overthrows allowing me to run another 3. :laugh

This was the final scorecard:

Cricket20092009-08-1816-18-04-28.jpg

Annoyingly I stupidly got KP run out when the scores were tied, which won't have done much for my averageBut before I sign off, if he is reading this I want him to see this so I can get some sort of revenge:

Cricket20092009-08-1816-18-10-29.jpg

Oh yes!! :D

Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
you quit after i won the match mate. I hope it was a genuine connection problem?

Oooh , im so sorry . Actually it just slipped out of my mind that you would like to have your stats updated . Totally my folly. I thought that the games over , now lemme get my arse outta here & i totally forgot about the updating of the stats.

Please Excuse me .

Later, a certain Mr. Dennis_speedy got plundered for 213 of 10 overs & then was 61/2 of 5 overs. Then the connection was lost. Feel bad for the bloke. In case he is around id like to offer my apologies to him for the disconnection.

BTW : India vs India was very frigging weird ? There was too much blue on my screen ;)

Last edited:

sunnykinger

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
MY FIRS T20 match

Just played my first T20 match
i mean
i played many
but
sometimes
game stuck and sometimes pc stuck
now it was finished successfully

just won the game
i was chasing
and just played according to runrate
not like going after bowling
just played fine

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 10

arun687

School Cricketer
Nah , came offline browsed a bit then back again . This time a certain Mr. Dennis_speedy got plundered for 213 of 10 overs & then was 61/2 of 5 overs. Then the connection was lost. Feel bad for the bloke. In case he is around id like to offer my apologies to him for the disconnection.

BTW : India vs India was very frigging weird ? There was too much blue on my screen ;)

yea mate if i knew u were taking india, i would have taken SA :)

thanks for completing that game. Remember rocky_g?

yea i remember the id but dont remember the game mate, was i pwned in that? :p

Kabooka

International Cricketer
why i always get a black screen after taking a screenshot? I wonder whats wrong

Tanmay

Club Captain
Anyone interested in playing an 10 over game now??
I will be hosting in 10 mins approx.

Edit:
Forgot to tell the username it's Rockstar

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Lagging like crap :facepalm, cant bat at all :doh. I guess its goodnight for me

playkid12

Club Captain
:banana2 I just beat this poor guy in a 20 over match, I'll leave him anonymous, but he was really nice and finished the game:
lol3k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread