Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When will the other teams be announced? As there are only 3 posted up at the moment.
That depends on the Team admin. If he is active then he will open his thread and if he is lazy then you have to wait until they realize that they are the admins of a team in PCPL

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Back to my original question. How does this work? What I mean is once teams are picked and matches begin how and on what program are they simulated? Are you doing it old school??

$(KGrHqRHJC!FI7cCKQpBBSW,10M1g!~~60_35.JPG

Apart from the last question, I'm genuinely intrigued.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
We're still doing some work behind the scenes getting the PCPL ready, but we wanted signups to be open as early as possible to give everyone a big window to get involved. Things will ramp up shortly and you'll see the other three teams soon. I won't say they will be worth the wait, because it will be hard to match Team 4, but they should be okay.

Just to explain the concept - the PCPL is a simulated cricket league. There's a few different simulators being used for the matches (based on them being suitable for different formats) - but basically you'll get drafted into a team and then you'll have a virtual player based on your skills that plays matches in the simulator.

In the past it has usually been that activity in posting about the matches and in team threads can earn you bonus points towards making your player better - but I'm not involved in working that bit out, so don't know what the plans are this time around.

You can see the last PCPL here to get a better idea of things: PlanetCricket Premier League Season 4 - PlanetCricket Forums

Abdul Rafay1

Banned
We're still doing some work behind the scenes getting the PCPL ready, but we wanted signups to be open as early as possible to give everyone a big window to get involved. Things will ramp up shortly and you'll see the other three teams soon. I won't say they will be worth the wait, because it will be hard to match Team 4, but they should be okay.

Just to explain the concept - the PCPL is a simulated cricket league. There's a few different simulators being used for the matches (based on them being suitable for different formats) - but basically you'll get drafted into a team and then you'll have a virtual player based on your skills that plays matches in the simulator.

In the past it has usually been that activity in posting about the matches and in team threads can earn you bonus points towards making your player better - but I'm not involved in working that bit out, so don't know what the plans are this time around.

You can see the last PCPL here to get a better idea of things: PlanetCricket Premier League Season 4 - PlanetCricket Forums
is there a team for regular member i mean is all the six teams are going to be handled by staff members Only? :spy

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is there a team for regular member i mean is all the six teams are going to be handled by staff members Only? :spy
As to my knowledge PCPL 4 had teams managed by some of the regular members. But Matt has responded to the same question of AliB that to manage a team one have to be in Staff Team.

Abdul Rafay1

Banned
When will the other teams open their threads?

See this

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Okay, I have a few more questions. If I was interested in having a franchise and required investors how do I go about it? Is it just a case of posting a thread advertising it as such? The same goes for if I wanted to be an investor?

Also, I have noticed that two of the teams have mentioned their ground and pitch. Is this something that is taken into account by the simulation.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
If I was interested in having a franchise and required investors how do I go about it? Is it just a case of posting a thread advertising it as such? The same goes for if I wanted to be an investor?
This thread would be a good place to do that. Probably best to arrange the details by PM though.

Users who are viewing this thread