Please Give This BLC Forum A Rebirth !!!

The Champion

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although Brian Lara Cricket is almost 8 years old, Many members in this forum (including me) still loves this master peice from Codies than what they actually give today. However, Its a little dissapointing that Planet Cricket has lost its serious interest about this game. Many of us are looking for the games Editors, Patches, Kits, ETC. As you guys know..... BLC Online has hit COMA Stage & looks like no future. As far as this forum is concerened the download section for BLC/SWC 99 is hardly updated........... Most of the important files like BLC Editor, Patches ETC are missing ! Things dosent ends here..... Most of the threads here is DAMN OLD.... So many of members bumps to the threads which was originally started 6 years back !!!! These threads only gives more trouble more than doing help by having lots of old links.

Since a group of members still likes this game,The site ADMIN Must give this BLC/SWC 99 forum a RE-BIRTH by doing :-

1. Should press the Reset button by deleting all the OLD POSTS till last week & give the BLC/SWC 99 forum the fresh start.

2. Upload all BLC/SWC's major downloads like BLC Editor, Stroke Fixes, Patches. Team Kits ETC & update the Download section on regular basis !

Hope this will help this BLC forum alot !!!!!!!!! :upray

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
If you want to start new threads in the BLC forum then do so, It's upto forum members to make posts, the staff cant magic interest and posts out of thin air.

Deleting old posts is a stupid idea as you will lose all the knowledge from those posts. I'm pretty sure anyone who started modding the game again would need to refer back to those posts for information on how to do so, as you say it has been 8 years.

The same goes for updating downloads, new downloads have to be made by someone first before we can update the download centre. Personally I can't help you with old downloads, I never had BLC, maybe someone out there has the missing editors etc and they could repost.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kev said:
The same goes for updating downloads, new downloads have to be made by someone first before we can update the download centre. Personally I can't help you with old downloads, I never had BLC, maybe someone out there has the missing editors etc and they could repost.

People will have to repost the old editors, patches etc as BLC Online seems to be permenantly dead (where all the patches, editors were etc)

alternatively, can everyone PM Ste and ask him if blc.sports-gaming.com can be resurrected, as I have tried numerous times to no avail :p

The Champion

School Cricketer
Kev said:
If you want to start new threads in the BLC forum then do so, It's upto forum members to make posts, the staff cant magic interest and posts out of thin air.

Deleting old posts is a stupid idea as you will lose all the knowledge from those posts. I'm pretty sure anyone who started modding the game again would need to refer back to those posts for information on how to do so, as you say it has been 8 years.

You say that deleting the old posts would be a stupid idea........ But you forgot the fact that most of the old posts have now become double. Moreover, The old ones has so many dead links which will not the help them in any form. Another major issue is that the members bumping in old threads by mistake... Mostly we never see the date & time in threads at times. I've seen a member replying last week to a post which was actually posted in 2004 !!!!!!! :eek: :noway So its a kind of making us stupid with our own hands !!! :mad

We all know about the game & if the newbies want to know something about the game, Then have a sticky review post at the top !!! You got to understand that we are in 2007 & we have to look at the future !!!! :clap

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hey!! i got all the editors of BLC i.e TIM editor,Stroke editor,Player Editor,Field Editor etc..And im still making updates for the game,but for my own use as people were not intrested in the upadtes,but its good to see some members who are looking for the updates.

I've made loads of Kits,stadiums,bats,pitchmats etc for myself.If you guys are really serious,then we can redo the whole BLC/SWC Section here on PC.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
There's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread as long as you bump it with good reason. OK so replying to a 3 year old question is probably not a good reason but if you have something new to add to the thread why not bump it. The fact that old threads are there does not stop you from creating new threads. If you are interested in BLC post in the forum, maybe people will answer your posts. Complaining about lack of activity there wont help. As you say its 2007, probably most people don't have an 8 year old game on their system anymore, let's face it people are telling me that they are bored with BLIC2007 already so BLC will have a limited fanbase but you wont know unless you stop moaning and start posting.

The Champion

School Cricketer
Where did I complain about lack of activity ???? I just said to give BLC forum a fresh look & update BLC downloads section on regular basis ! And are you kidding that BLC have a "LIMITED" fanbase ???? It clearly shows how much you know about the game !!! Face it..... Weather its BLIC 2007 OR Cricket 07, Both games have a gameplay which is no way near to the gameplay that BLC had.... Thats why we love the game so much !! So its not surprising to hear BLIC 2007 & Cricket 07 makes people bore quickly !

So no one moans here other than you !!

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
The Champion said:
Where did I complain about lack of activity ???? I just said to give BLC forum a fresh look & update BLC downloads section on regular basis ! And are you kidding that BLC have a "LIMITED" fanbase ???? It clearly shows how much you know about the game !!! Face it..... Weather its BLIC 2007 OR Cricket 07, Both games have a gameplay which is no way near to the gameplay that BLC had.... Thats why we love the game so much !! So its not surprising to hear BLIC 2007 & Cricket 07 makes people bore quickly !

So no one moans here other than you !!

I am with kev, and he is not moaning. He is expressing his opinion and if anyone is moaning it is you. Why would you want to refresh it, I don't really get you? Just start a new thread :rolleyes:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The Champion said:
And are you kidding that BLC have a "LIMITED" fanbase ???? It clearly shows how much you know about the game !!! Face it.....
I know it was a good game, what I meant was that it was a good game 8 years ago. The number of posts in the forum suggests that it now has a limited following as most people dont have games from that long ago installed on their computers anymore. No doubting it was a huge success and no doubting a lot of people still say its a great game but the fact remains that the majority of those people have little or no interest in it these days.

My point is you cant relaunch something with nothing new to relaunch it with.

The Champion

School Cricketer
Jaztheman said:
I am with kev, and he is not moaning. He is expressing his opinion and if anyone is moaning it is you. Why would you want to refresh it, I don't really get you? Just start a new thread :rolleyes:

Quite honestly no one moans here....... If Kev is expressing his Opinion, So do I...... I respect everybody's opinion ! The reason I said for deletion was simple, Old posts have now become double & secondly, I dont want the new posters to get confused with the old one as I felt it would only fool them than helping. If the majority of the members feel I am wrong I gladly accept my fault & will go with it !

Fact is, I am trying to give oxygen for the one which is dieing slowly.

Sure... BLC aint young (new) anymore, But atleast its walking better than the new kids (Cri 07 & BLIC 07) in terms of gameplay !!

HarryPotter Kid

School Cricketer
theres still fans of blic99, around 6 of us are still posting and thats just in this thread.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Make that seven!

I'm also on the lookout for BLIC updates for everything from kits to stadiums and sound patches.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
8 now.
Now why not start to make patches ourselves and make the BLC forum lively?

The problem I think will be that as the forum is at the bottom less people view it.

And that I have Windows XP so I cant run BLC 99 on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread