1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Poll added) When did you actually start following Cricket seriously?

Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by NilayShah60, Dec 18, 2018.

?

At what age you started following Cricket ?

1. 5-9

2. 10-14

3. 15-21

4. 21+

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NilayShah60 Thread of the Month December 2018

NilayShah60
    AKA:
    Nilay Shah
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Mumbai Indians
    As far as I was concerned, I started watching Cricket as a 10 yr old since the time Sachin Tendulkar hit the first ever double ton in ODI Cricket and more pleasing was to see India hit 400 in 50 Overs and then I became known to IPL and the moment I got to know Sachin plays for MI it became my favourite team. I wasn't an Indian team fan back then but 2011 WC victory was the reason I started to follow most of the matches of Indian team, it was embarrassing to see India lose 4-0 in Tests in England and Australia respectively and that was a time I certainly felt that I shouldn't get excited about Indian Cricket just because of a WC win but I still stuck with it and my interest grew towards other teams as well. Since then I have been a neutral Cricket fan. Yes I want India to win most of the matches but I also appreciate if someone performs well

2. CricketQ20 10 Years at PC Trophy

CricketQ20
    NZ.... Lannisters AFG... India
    I loved cars and Sachin won the Opel Astra in Sharjah against Pakistan. That got me into Cricket.

From there onwards Cricket has been my life.

Naman Thakur said thanks for this.
  3. Rebel2k19 Administrator

Rebel2k19
    Admin Lannisters CSK India
    Natwest final in 2002. The 2003 WC was the first ever tournament I followed thoroughly and remember most of the matches if not all.

4. DrewBi Club Cricketer

DrewBi
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    New south Wales Blues
    My parents always had the cricket on during the 2013/14 ashes in Australia. I started watching and now it is literally my favourite thing.

5. abhi_jacko Chairman of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    As an add-on to this question..

Who are the 3/4 cricketers who got you hooked to Cricket when you started following it?

This is not so much about objectivity, picking players on the basis of technique/performances. More so on a subjective level -
    - the players who couldn't wait to see on the cricket field
    - the players you couldn't stop wondering about based on the descriptions from the elder cricket fans at home/around you
    - the players you tried to imitate (however poorly) when you took the field yourself.
    - the players who turned cricket into a passion for you
    - the players that you picked in your custom cricket games (Book cricket anyone??)

6. NilayShah60 Thread of the Month December 2018

NilayShah60
    AKA:
    Nilay Shah
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Mumbai Indians
    Seems like a nice idea

I have just one answer for every question you asked- Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar