Pro Evolution Soccer 2010

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
127993-PES2010__header.jpg

Sooo, another year, and another version of PES. KONAMI are promising 'revolution' this year, with a brand new motion capture styled engine coupled with bags of new and improved features.

After the somewhat pedestrian PES09 and shambolic PES08, I've personally migrated back to PES5 when I want a football fix. This is mainly due to the lack of a 'next gen' (shouldn't it now be current gen :s) FIFA on the PC, but that's another issue.

First, the new trailer. Mixed reactions around various forums, it's more a teaser of more too come rather than gameplay montage that might actually tell us something. However, Torres tackling Messi..it's little mistakes like this that put doubt in peoples minds that KONAMI has turned the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/v/BLbM-2ZXE-E&hl

4 new screenshots were released yesterday. Mixed reactions, again, but I personally think they look excellent. People expect too much, PES09 was not a bad looking game and it looks like they've sharpened it up and placed in some good lighting.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Here's what KONAMI are proposing for this iteration.

Gameplay "

PES 2010 focuses on enhancing the excitement of matches between players, making for a truly challenging experience that will constantly test the player. Intuitive zonal defending will cover spaces and players need to look constantly for new ways to attack. PES 2010 focuses on being a real football simulation, as it requires both strategic play and quick reactions, as in real life. In addition to key out-field elements, goalkeepers are more versatile and with abilities matching those of modern shot-stoppers. The game's referees have also been reworked, with smarter AI elements allowing them to make more balanced calls during matches."

Improved Visuals

"PES 2010 has undergone a major visual revamp, with its celebrated player likenesses and animations now even closer to those of real-life players – including live player expressions to be depicted with an improved lighting system which differentiates between various conditions! Stadium detail is also massively improved, with the grass and other in-stadium elements finely depicted."

All-new Animations and Moves

"Animations now dovetail into each other seamlessly, with dribbling and shots on goals worked into dribbling animations. More individual skills are also on show, including new flicks and tricks that have a definite showing on the way a game flows. Several elements have been completely reworked, with the dribbling, turning and kicking animations greatly enhanced, while there is a noticeable change in pace when a player passes a ball from a standing position than from within a run."

Enhanced Master League

"Master League has been thoroughly renewed with the enhancement of managerial aspects, which enables users to enjoy managing a team for a longer career lifespan. Seen by many as a key contributor to the series' success, the Master League elements in PES 2010 have been bolstered by far-ranging and vital new additions, dedicated to enriching the mode."

AI

"The Tokyo team has worked to improve the AI of the game, with Teamvision 2.0 implemented. Midfielders and defenders now work together to cover open space and close down attacks, meaning that cover can be provided for lower-ranked defenders. This also has the additional effect of removing soft goals, thus returning PES 2010 to its simulation roots. In terms of attacking, players can also now move several players (at) once, sending them into different areas, opening up more goal-scoring possibilities than ever before. As such, PES 2010 necessitates a new level of control from the player. Strategic thinking is as important as quick passing, but the new system greatly opens the way the player oversees control of the team. In free kick scenarios, for instance, players can now instigate the runs of the players awaiting the ball in the penalty area."

Individual Play Characteristics

"In previous PES games, the team formation has determined the movements of the players. PES 2010 introduces a new system wherein the individual attacking and defending nature of the players is integral to the way they play. Each player enjoys unique AI tied into their best abilities, and is reflected in the actions of their team mates – i.e. if a player who is known to be a good crosser of the ball is in possession, more players will flood the penalty area to receive it. Similarly, if a player is known to be good with close control, defenders will work to cover their stronger side, while lone strikers will be automatically supported by midfielders on receipt of the ball."

Strategy Use

"A new power gauge system allows users to balance their strategy in a quick, but wide-ranging way before a match. Every element – pass frequency, movement, the line of defence, width of play, or the position of the front line – can be altered to match those of a favoured club: Juventus Turin are a dangerous side on the counter-attack, for instance, while FC Barcelona use width in their attack. These formulations can be altered at any point, too, with Home and Away matches forcing different circumstances on the user, as does the rigours of a Master League season."

Enhanced Online

"A new dedicated section of the Tokyo team is committed to improving the online side of PES 2010. More downloadable content is also planned. Konami has supported PES 2009 with the release of new licensed teams, transfer updates, etc, and this support will grow for PES 2010. Team and content updates are planned throughout the game's lifespan. These will make the game even more bespoke to the player's match day needs."

Match-Day Atmosphere:

"Crowd reactions to the on-field action are now more varied, with all new chants and cheers. The subtle difference between Home and Away matches will be reproduced, and the crowd will react spontaneously to specific situations in a game, showing their disdain or pleasure as fouls are committed and goals scored. Likewise, the commentary has been altered to offer a fresher, more concise overview of the game."

Penalties

"An all-new system has been implemented, offering greater control, placing and accuracy."

Exclusive Europa League License

"Konami has strengthened its relationship with UEFA and can announce it has secured the exclusive video game rights for the Europa League Licence (formerly known as the UEFA Cup). In addition Konami will be enhancing and developing the use of the UEFA Champions League within PES 2010 to make even better use of the best club football competition in the world."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not gonna bother reading any of that 'coz it's obvious Konami are lying. But I don't care, PES still has the PES charm and i'll be getting both footy titles again this year.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
It's interesting listening to the WENB Podcast this week. They've obviously been hearing some major waves out of KONAMI, there's a whole new partnership struck up between WENB itself and the company. The trailer has really knocked the stuffing out of the PR machine as far as they can tell, it all looked some promising and this is so mediocre.

Still, there's a video here of Messi doing some Motion Capture for the game; surely this can only be a good thing.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Motion Capturing Lionel Messi

EDIT: Does anyone know why all my posts have to be moderated..? Never used to be the case :S

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
PES 2009 pisses me off in so many ways.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's interesting listening to the WENB Podcast this week. They've obviously been hearing some major waves out of KONAMI, there's a whole new partnership struck up between WENB itself and the company. The trailer has really knocked the stuffing out of the PR machine as far as they can tell, it all looked some promising and this is so mediocre.

Still, there's a video here of Messi doing some Motion Capture for the game; surely this can only be a good thing.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Motion Capturing Lionel Messi

EDIT: Does anyone know why all my posts have to be moderated..? Never used to be the case :S

Is it happening with the Youtube ones? I get that as well; I think the mods have to check the vids to make sure they're ok for public consumption...

Agreed, the trailer looked rubbish.

pingusten

Club Cricketer

Sorry about that mate, scanned the first page quickly and then searched for PES10 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 and didn't get anything. Should have tried PES2010 eh :p

Anyway, whilst I'm posting, it appears KONAMI are perhaps, just perhaps, actually back in this little tussle with EA. There well documented 'Messi Motion Capture' event was covered by an Israeli TV station and it appears that the game is to feature an all new animation system.

Clicky.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
OP, they promised a 'revolution/overhaul/call it what you like' for PES 09 as well and did we get one?

No.

pingusten

Club Cricketer
OP, they promised a 'revolution/overhaul/call it what you like' for PES 09 as well and did we get one?

No.

Well, frankly, they didn't. They said that they've been working on a new engine, and the community assumed it was going to be PES09. They promised better visuals, which they delivered on, and a return to the gameplay of PES5, which they almost nailed. They've come out and said that PES10's foundations have been forged over the past 2 and a bit years.

Problem is, that just doesnt cut it anymore. What I see from these Motion Capture sessions is more progress than PES has had since the transition of PES2 to PES3. The thing about PES09 was they bleated the usual media jargon which every company does, but there was no evidence to suggest anything was altered. This year is different already.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the average releases in the last 2 years, but the evidence of these mo-caps and the insiders at WENB seems to be painting a picture that this year theres serious change going on.

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I love Pes 2009, and consider it the best of the series, next in line would be Pes 6. Pes 2008 was a flop, because it was too quick, and had no 2v2 online option. At 1920x1200 with kitserver Pes looks and plays beautiful, and puts fifa to shame in terms of gameplay and graphics.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
if pes10=superb gfx+pes 6 type game play+a good master league
i will be more than happy
BTw.in case of PC fifa sucks.pes is best for Pc:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread