problem running the game

A

ajay_25us

Hey ppl

I have problems running the game. Its like the loading starts and just that time it abruptly exits. I think I have the requirements on my PC like enuf memory, sound/video card, directX 8.1.

Can anyone help me what is the problem. Thanks

S

squiz

Post your PC specifications please, then we can tell you if you need an improvement

R

ricky123

Originally posted by ajay_25us@Aug 16 2004, 09:34 AM
Hey ppl

I have problems running the game. Its like the loading starts and just that time it abruptly exits. I think I have the requirements on my PC like enuf memory, sound/video card, directX 8.1.

Can anyone help me what is the problem. Thanks
did u say directx 8.1 :P get the latest 9.0.b

A

ajay_25us

Windows 2000
CPU: Athlon
CPU speed: 496 Mhz
Drive space 6860 MB
Memory: 128 MB, Free Memory: 16 MB
DirectX: DirectX 8.1

There is a tick mark for all the above reqs, saying that they are met.

Video card: 3dfx interactive, inc. voodoo3
Video driver: 5.00.2180.0058
Video memory: 16 MB

Sound card: Creative AudioPCI
Sound driver: 5.00.2174.0001

And in the trouble shooting, I tested for the video/asound card and it said that they are working good. So I don't know why is it giving problem while loading. Thanks

R

ricky123

i think it is ur vga (video card )

16mb video card ? i think u should atleast have 32mb vga

A

ajay_25us

Well in the test EA sports had given the video card worked fine.

But anyways how do I increase it to 32 MB. Can u upgrade it off the net or something. Or can u tell me names of some video cards(and their versions) out of which I could purchase one.

And squiz did u look at the specifications I posted, what do u think abt the problem?

R

ricky123

B) you can buy nvidia 32mb vga which is good and cheap ,

but when ur ready to spent money put a little more and buy 64 mb nvidia geforce , then u will be able to run almost any games on ur pc ....

you cannot upgrade ur vga from the net it is a external card , like a hardware ,but if u have built in vga u can increase the memory from bios setup , but it wont help ,

and plus get the latest directx 9.0c ya 0C thats the latest i have it :P