Problems with Down the Pub

fitzthetank

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

Ive noticed a lot of people have had problems with Down the Pub in the past such as it not actually doing anything when you click the buttons and generating this error in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "DownThePUB.pyw", line 143, in OnOpen
File "wx\_windows.pyc", line 2407, in __init__
TypeError: String or Unicode type required

The most helpful advice so far has been "sorry i dont have any idea" or anything to that effect, but it looks like some people have actually found a way round the problem... but I cant for the life of me work out what is wrong?

I've managed to solve the registry problem i was getting but Its quite annoying that I cant get this to work.

Any ideas to solve this once and for all?

fitzthetank

Club Cricketer
Its a program for editing the .PUB files (which contain the graphics as far as im aware) for ICC III onwards.

I cant seem to get the program to work though. Some people have got it to work, some people havnt, and some people didnt have it working and then did and i cant for the life of me see how i can make it work.

fitzthetank

Club Cricketer
Just fixed the problem.

I understand a bit of programming but have never looked at python, so i thought i'd examine the source code. Luckily its similar to stuff i've done before.

Anyway...

Turns out for it to work you need this directory on your computer:

C:/Program Files/Xplosiv/International Cricket Captain 3

If you create that directory it will work. Hope that solves it for anyone who runs into the same problem as me later.

AB-Daveilliers

School Cricketer
I cannot find the tutorial anywhere and am getting annoyed at the programme still not working for me

Users who are viewing this thread