Project Natal becomes Kinect

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yup Youtube is streaming all noteworthy events, in very high quality.

For tomorrow :

Nintendo Press Conference Tuesday, June 15:
9:00am Pacific
11:00am Central
12:00 Eastern
4:00pm GMT

Sony Press Conference Tuesday, June 15:
12:00pm Pacific
2:00pm Central
3:00 Eastern
7:00pm GMT

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Streaming uses up too much of my bandwidth >< I'll just wait for the Kotaku and Gizmodo articles I think.

P

pcfan123

Not big into video games but interested in what Sony will offer in terms of motion technology. I want a wii sports type thing for my dad

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Streaming uses up too much of my bandwidth >< I'll just wait for the Kotaku and Gizmodo articles I think.

I think I would kill myself if I had slow capped internet.

Chewie

BCCI President
My internet ain't that slow but yes being capped sucks. I probably have one of the most expensive plans you can get in NZ - unrestricted download speeds, restricted upload speeds (I think), and 20GB a month.

I'm way past where I should be for this month, and so I won't be able to watch this :(

P

pcfan123

20 gb is nothing though dude, thats like 4 HD movies, not to mention if you want to play online games as well.

Is there no unlimited plan? how much more expensive is that?

Chewie

BCCI President
The top one on the company I'm with is 40GB, and if you go over that you are charged 2c/MB. Atm if I go over mine, I just get slowed down to dial up speeds. Though it normally takes them a few days to do this so at the end of the month I can just download whatever :spy

Other companies charge for speed and bandwidth separately - so $44 for full speed, and then $12 for every 10GB you want. One company has 25GB for $50 and full speed, but all these other companies have to run through the one I'm on, so the speeds will probably be compromised.

I pay $60 a month for what I get. Decent speeds too. I get 1.1MBytes/s down, 100KBytes/s up

afaik there is no unlimited plan though. There used to be, but it was capped speed.

P

pcfan123

What is that in American?

I pay 50 odd a month for 20mb unlimited (although it usually runs between 12-16)

Chewie

BCCI President
$60 ~ US$40.

20megabits I'm presuming?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I pay $60 a month for what I get. Decent speeds too. I get 1.1MBytes/s down, 100KBytes/s up
WorldNet - Personal - $60 gets you either a fake 'unlimited', though many report getting up to 120GB a month no problems, otherwise you can get 40GB full speed all the time and $2/GB excess or shaping. You do have to have your home phone with them though, not sure if that makes it better or worse than Telecom.

Anyway, that new 360 looks brilliant, no way I'm buying it though, likewise with the 'Kinect' - even if only because of the stupid name, Natal sounded fine.

Chewie

BCCI President
It's basically the same as telecom. The 'unlimited' plan was trialled on Telecom before but everyone reported really slow speeds. I'm pretty happy with what I have atm, hopefully they roll out the cable for everyone quickly :D

The new 360 looks good, but doesn't really have that much more stuff than the original. Kinect is quite a stupid name. I would find it annoying because you're not holding anything, just grabbing air.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Isn't that slow?
I'm on "Pay for what you use" internet cap which is pretty good, I only use around 10gb max a month.

Chewie

BCCI President
1.1MByte/s = 9mbit/s. I can download a 700MB file in just over 10 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread